By: KatieP

What is the point in writing a diary? At home, I never write about my days. I feel diary writing difficult to keep up with and at times even a little boring especially when I simple write, I woke...

22

So here I am abroad in a country not too dissimilar from my own. Much of the culture is in common and I don’t think I’ve made too many faux pas. So it would be fair to say that the manners and...

13

Ever heard of Philip Pullman? Let me introduce you. Philip Pullman is an English writer who is widely considered as a brilliant. I agree.

One of his most famous works is the...

9
By: IainG

Everyone was shocked when I said I was moving to Colombia, away on another continent.  Everyone except for my literature-loving friends: “Perfect,” they said, “An excuse to read ‘One Hundred Years...

5

I study English literature at university and have always been proud of Britain’s literary heritage. Some British authors that you may have heard of are Charles Dickens and Jane Austen. These...

18

It's a funny thing, being in another country. It makes you appreciate all the things you love about your home, whether it be the food, the traditions, or the people. For me personally, reading and...

24