Our Magazine is written by young people from the UK. Each year we select a new group of bloggers, from the British Council’s language assistants, who share their experiences of learning languages and living abroad. The views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the LearnEnglish Teens team.

Wednesday, 30 May, 2012 - 09:37
37

To Kill A Mocking Bird is always on those lists of ‘books you must read before you die’. These lists often make me feel guilty as I put off reading classic novels for something a little lighter.

Saturday, 26 May, 2012 - 01:41
81

If you're reading this magazine, then chances are you're a young learner of English as a Foreign Language, and are probably interested in reading too.

Friday, 18 May, 2012 - 18:27
21

‘When you’re small you’re like a piece of paper with nothing written on it.

Wednesday, 9 May, 2012 - 07:37
24

Alice in Wonderland (along with Through the Looking Glass) is one of the most famous children’s books of all time.

Tuesday, 24 April, 2012 - 18:03
21

It seems relevant after my last article on the Twilight Saga to draw attention to the latest craze of books now hitting the big screen: The Hunger Games.

Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 12:50
44

Imagine a world where boys and girls have to fight to survive in an annual competition run by the country. In the competition, there are no survivors. It is a fight to the death.

Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 14:17
48

The final instalment of the world renowned Twilight Saga, Stephenie Meyer’s Breaking Dawn, has recently been  released as a two-part motion picture, the first of which arrived in cinemas in Novemb

Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 14:15
71

When author J.K. Rowling had the idea for the ‘Harry Potter’ stories, she was on a delayed train from Manchester to London.

Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 11:56
12

Floating through space on the the backs of four elephants, which in turn are standing on a giant turtle, the Discworld is Terry Pratchett's masterpiece.