9

The UK is well known for choosing to keep the pound sterling when many other European countries started using the Euro.

50

When I was at primary school, summers holidays meant football with friends, countless PlayStation1 (wow I feel old...) sessions and more importantly no homework.

36

What is the point in writing a diary? At home, I never write about my days.

17

So here I am abroad in a country not too dissimilar from my own. Much of the culture is in common and I don’t think I’ve made too many faux pas.

17

Ever heard of Philip Pullman? Let me introduce you. Philip Pullman is an English writer who is widely considered as a brilliant. I agree.

6

Everyone was shocked when I said I was moving to Colombia, away on another continent.  Everyone except for my literature-loving friends: “Perfect,” they said, “An excuse to read ‘One Hundred Years

28

I study English literature at university and have always been proud of Britain’s literary heritage. Some British authors that you may have heard of are Charles Dickens and Jane Austen.

31

It's a funny thing, being in another country. It makes you appreciate all the things you love about your home, whether it be the food, the traditions, or the people.

12

Call me old fashioned, traditionalist or just a technophobe but the new wave of e-readers such as Kindles, Kobos and Nooks scares me.

37

I have loved writing since I was a young girl; stories, poems, songs, anything. Now I’m a lot older, I get my inspiration for writing from many things and I’m going to share them with you.

Subscribe to Books