By: EmilyW
When I was younger, I loved to read. I could get through a whole book in a day, and used to beg my parents every night to let me stay up later so I could 'just finish my chapter'. From fairytales to...
6
When I was little, I loved reading stories written by Roald Dahl. I would argue that he is one of the best children's authors of the twentieth century; if not the best. His books are entertaining,...
7
By: KatB
First published by Michael Morpurgo as a childen's book in 1982, War Horse is something of an unlikely success story. When it was first released, the book sold comparatively few copies. That all...
1
Right now, there are a lots of very successful young adult books have one thing in common – they're all dystopias; that is, they all have a community or a society that might seem to be content and...
1
When I was little I used to read everyday but as I got older I read less and less. I preferred to watch TV instead of reading a book. However, I realised that I had watched three different...
5
By: KatB
Never underestimate the power of a bed time story. Picture the scene: the year is 1999. It’s bedtime in the Burdon household. My older sister, aged eight, is standing in the middle of the room and...
4