By: KatB
A recent run of coincidences has got me thinking about poetry. First, there was a utterly brilliant and totally unexpected birthday present from a very dear friend. Concealed in the inevitably...
2
By: JohnR
I have always wanted to write. From the day I first started reading I was hooked. When I was a child and Harry Potter came out I found an obsession that I coudn't get rid of. In those books was...
21
By: EmilyW
When I was younger, I loved to read. I could get through a whole book in a day, and used to beg my parents every night to let me stay up later so I could 'just finish my chapter'. From fairytales to...
18
When I was little, I loved reading stories written by Roald Dahl. I would argue that he is one of the best children's authors of the twentieth century; if not the best. His books are entertaining,...
14
By: KatB
First published by Michael Morpurgo as a childen's book in 1982, War Horse is something of an unlikely success story. When it was first released, the book sold comparatively few copies. That all...
2
Right now, there are a lots of very successful young adult books have one thing in common – they're all dystopias; that is, they all have a community or a society that might seem to be content and...
2