With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s interesting to delve into the history of Europe and to look at where one of the most romantic traditions surrounding Valentine’s Day came from....
One of the worst things I find about learning a language is the fact that it is vitally important to read books in your target language. I love reading, but I find it really hard to find the time to...
10
Almost everybody is familiar with the classic image of Frankenstein's monster: a tall man with light-green skin, a big square head and metal bolts on his neck, who can't speak more than a few...
1
Some people aren’t interested in poetry. They say it’s boring, irrelevant, that it always talks about love and nothing else. I disagree. I think poetry can verbalise feelings that we could not...
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry is a magical book about the importance of friendship and the quest for the truth. Our story begins with our narrator, who retells his encounter with the...
Elena Ferrante has recently been exposed. An Italian author, who found recent success with her quartet of books, the Neapolitan Novels, Ferrante has always shied away from the spotlight. She refuses...
1