By: KatB
First published by Michael Morpurgo as a childen's book in 1982, War Horse is something of an unlikely success story. When it was first released, the book sold comparatively few copies. That all...
Right now, there are a lots of very successful young adult books have one thing in common – they're all dystopias; that is, they all have a community or a society that might seem to be content and...
When I was little I used to read everyday but as I got older I read less and less. I preferred to watch TV instead of reading a book. However, I realised that I had watched three different...
By: KatB
Never underestimate the power of a bed time story. Picture the scene: the year is 1999. It’s bedtime in the Burdon household. My older sister, aged eight, is standing in the middle of the room and...
4
Thanks to budget flights, people travel more now than ever before. Tourists often see all the sights and travellers try to experience culture. Unfortunately, time and money limitations normally mean...
8
By: EmmaQ
I would like to share some tips and recommendations for reading your first foreign language novel. Reading in your target language is one of the best ways to familiarise yourself with a language and...
6