I am currently living and teaching in Colmar, Alsace. Last week, Colmar hosted its 19th film festival. With a wide range of free screenings on offer, this seemed like the perfect chance to discover...
The fifth series of the popular period drama Downton Abbey has just started in the UK, but why does it attract so many viewers? Period dramas are films or television programmes that take place in a...
2
By: IainG
Edinburgh is a fantastic city for tourists. There are so many things to do here for people of all ages. During the month of August, however, the number of tourists increases dramatically because...
7
Have you ever heard of soap operas? They are fictional series on television or radio that follow a group of families and show us the events of their everyday lives. Soap operas take their strange...
8
By: ReganS
Like many people, if anyone asks me what my favourite films are I always struggle to answer. However, if someone were to ask me what my favourite period of cinema's extensive history is, I would...
7
Talent competitions are very popular on British television. Britain’s Got Talent is the most famous talent show in the UK and has been running for eight series already. In this programme, people from...
8