I am currently on my Year Abroad working in a primary school in Paris, and whilst browsing book shops in French capital over the past few months, something strange has stood out to me - the huge...
1
By: KatB
An unexpected snow flurry in my small corner of rural Germany made me think of two seemingly unrelated, but closely connected things. The first thought was the realisation that every single snowflake...
By: KatB
'Pop culture' is a powerful thing. The term refers to books, films and music which are read, watched, listened to and loved by millions of people all over the world; hence 'pop', which comes from...
Films provide more than just entertainment. For many people, watching foreign language films is a way to develop their language skills. Whilst watching a film you are immersed in the language and can...
1
By: ChloeF
Like many people from the UK, I am now home for the festive season, and if there’s one thing I’ve realised being home, television at Christmas is just as important as sharing the day with the people...
We all know the stories. The princess falls in love with the prince. He rescues the damsel in distress from the tower or the dragon or the wicked queen … or anything at all really. The plot in many...
6