9

This week I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies to surprise my flatmate as she is studying for her exams at the moment.

22

Whenever I ask my French high school pupils what they do in their free time, the answer always seems to be one of the following: a) sleep, b) see my friends/boyfriend/girlfriend or c) play video ga

4

Last week I decided to watch the film Divergent, (and the next day was so addicted, I absolutely had to watch part two: Insurgent).  In this action-packed movie, the remaining pop

8

It may not be the weather for it but you can never beat sitting down with a homemade scone and a nice cup of tea (milk and no sugar, of course).

3
As I settled into the theatre seats I really wasn’t sure what to expect from the film I was about to see, intriguingly entitled The Lobster.
4

I was invited round to a friend’s house for a ‘pot-luck’ dinner the other night. I’d never heard of this term before but my American friends use it all the time.

15

You know who I mean, Sherlock Holmes of course! I have very quickly learnt that he is not just popular back in the UK, but is huge around the world.

6

Last week the final of the hugely popular TV show The Great British Bake Off was broadcast by the BBC and attracted a record audience of over 13 million viewers.

2

It’s incredibly rare to find shows that aren’t in the English language to watch on British TV, especially on the mainstream channels.

3

I have recently moved to France to work as an English language assistant in primary schools in a lovely little town called St Amand Montrond in the Cher department of France.

Subscribe to Entertainment