Our Magazine is written by young people from the UK. Each year we select a new group of bloggers, from the British Council’s language assistants, who share their experiences of learning languages and living abroad. The views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the LearnEnglish Teens team.

Tuesday, 17 November, 2015 - 09:49
3
As I settled into the theatre seats I really wasn’t sure what to expect from the film I was about to see, intriguingly entitled The Lobster.
Thursday, 12 November, 2015 - 18:51
4

I was invited round to a friend’s house for a ‘pot-luck’ dinner the other night. I’d never heard of this term before but my American friends use it all the time.

Friday, 30 October, 2015 - 14:41
31
by DaisyB

You know who I mean, Sherlock Holmes of course! I have very quickly learnt that he is not just popular back in the UK, but is huge around the world.

Wednesday, 14 October, 2015 - 08:04
7

Last week the final of the hugely popular TV show The Great British Bake Off was broadcast by the BBC and attracted a record audience of over 13 million viewers.

Friday, 9 October, 2015 - 10:13
2
by HollyK

It’s incredibly rare to find shows that aren’t in the English language to watch on British TV, especially on the mainstream channels.

Tuesday, 6 October, 2015 - 11:07
4

I have recently moved to France to work as an English language assistant in primary schools in a lovely little town called St Amand Montrond in the Cher department of France.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 10:16
2
by AlexC

Circuses have been around since the 18th century and for years were one of the most popular forms of entertainment.

Friday, 3 July, 2015 - 15:31
3
by BlakeS

It was my birthday recently, and I was very lucky to get some nice presents.

Tuesday, 16 June, 2015 - 17:53
21

A trip to a museum is not everyone's cup of tea. Some people love going to museums and poring over all the different artefacts on display.

Wednesday, 27 May, 2015 - 10:50
39
by KittyO

Don’t you love it when you have a bit of free time? After school or work, during the weekends, or even in your lunch break, it’s great to squeeze in a little time for yourself.

Tuesday, 19 May, 2015 - 09:22
9

I am a huge fan of word games. I will play anything from anagrams to crosswords and word searches to board games.

Friday, 15 May, 2015 - 11:48
42
by JulieG

Vienna: home of Mozart, waltzing and exceedingly good cake. Oh, and for one week only the Eurovision Song Contest!

Tuesday, 12 May, 2015 - 21:16
4
by KatB

Most of us are familiar with the concept of a list. 

Tuesday, 28 April, 2015 - 09:34
5

Most children in Britain have grown up watching Disney classics: The Lion KingCinderella and Peter Pan, amongst many others.

Thursday, 9 April, 2015 - 18:39
11

I am a huge period drama fan. Actually I would say that I am an addict! One of my favourite things to do is to settle on the sofa with a cup of tea and start watching a period drama.

Thursday, 2 April, 2015 - 17:09
5

Many people are quick to say that television has little, or no, educational value.

Tuesday, 31 March, 2015 - 17:11
25

The question "Who is your hero?" is a difficult one to answer; so many people have done heroic things that it is hard to choose just one.

Friday, 27 March, 2015 - 15:57
5

When I moved into my new flat I hated the boring white walls. I wanted to make my bedroom more personal.

Wednesday, 11 February, 2015 - 21:27
6

At the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs), Taylor Swift won the award for best music video by a female artist for her song, ‘You Belong With Me’.  Viewers across the globe were shocked when Kanye W

Saturday, 24 January, 2015 - 15:45
9

I am currently on my year abroad working in a primary school in Paris, and whilst browsing book shops in French capital over the past few months, something strange has stood out to me - the huge am