5

For anyone who is feeling a little confused, let me first explain what rocky road is. It is a refrigerator cake made with marshmallows, biscuits and chocolate.

2

In the UK, the seeds of horse chestnut trees are called “conkers” and, for me, the first conker of the season signals the start of autumn.

1

So far my time in France has been like a rollercoaster, I’ve had my ups and my downs. I have been living in France for almost two months and I’m definitely becoming homesick.

7

Last weekend I visited a zoo with a friend. Whilst there, we debated whether or not zoos were a good thing. When I was little, I loved going to the zoo. Now, aged 20, I still enjoy visiting them.

1

I have always found that watching television series and films in the language which you are learning a very helpful exercise.

2

I am currently living and teaching in Colmar, Alsace. Last week, Colmar hosted its 19th film festival.

4

The fifth series of the popular period drama Downton Abbey has just started in the UK, but why does it attract so many viewers?

8

Edinburgh is a fantastic city for tourists. There are so many things to do here for people of all ages.

8

Have you ever heard of soap operas? They are fictional series on television or radio that follow a group of families and show us the events of their everyday lives.

9

Like many people, if anyone asks me what my favourite films are I always struggle to answer.

Subscribe to Entertainment