Since 1997, the world has been gripped by the magical world of Harry Potter. After publishing her first book Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, J.K. Rowling has continued to create a fantasy...
4
Picture the scene. It is the middle of the night and an excited little girl is waiting in a long queue outside a bookshop. She is wearing long black robes, a pointy witch's hat and is clutching a...
4
I knew, when coming to France, that one of the things I would miss the most about my home in England was English television. One of the things which England does best is its TV shows! Every year in...
This week I went to see Doctor Strange in the cinema. At first I was not very excited because there have been so many Marvel superhero films over the last few years. In fact, the plot of Doctor...
1
One day last September I was walking home from the supermarket when I passed Spiderman on the street. A few minutes later I saw a group of teenagers posing for a picture with Dr Who and just around...
7
Every Wednesday evening, I tutor two 14-year-old boys. Last week, the subject of reality television arose. They were surprised by my interest in the subject. Reality television is the creation of...