Fashion

Fashion Week

32
MehramS

After the holiday period the beginning of the New Year can seem to get off to a slow and somewhat lethargic start. The majority of people are hit by the infamous 'January Blues' as they no longer feel the constant buzz of excitement that surrounds Christmas celebrations. However, there is one particular industry that feels quite the opposite. The start of the New Year allows for the fashion industry to premier the latest trends and looks for the coming seasons through a series of runway shows held in the major fashion capitals of the world: Milan, New York, Paris and London. These shows are collectively known as Fashion Week. 

Fashion Week happens twice a year and they are held almost half a year in advance of the coming season. This grants the press and buyers unprecedented access to the designs and provides retailers with enough time to prepare for the incoming collections. The seasons are paired up into autumn/winter and spring/summer. The autumn/winter womenswear shows start in New York at the beginning of February and the collections travel to each of the four famous fashion capitals until the shows come to a close in March, usually in Paris. The spring/summer collection follows the same travel pattern although this starts in September and ends the following month. In recent years other famous cities such as Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Berlin and Madrid have hosted their own versions of Fashion Week and have featured some of the most up and coming names in the industry. 

Last February I worked in Milan during their Fashion Week and beautiful clothes and people could be seen on every corner. The city became animated with anticipation, ready and waiting for a glimpse of the modern designs, fabrics and their creators. This February I shall have to watch the shows online but the revelation of future styles will give me something to look forward to and shall hopefully wipe away those 'January Blues'. 

Are you interested in fashion? Have you ever been to a fashion show? 

hadia 10 December, 2016 - 14:55

I am not Faahionable. But I dress according to the fashion.I like decent dressing.
Although I am a girl, but I am also not into shopping or Fashion shows and etc.
My cousin loves going shopping and is really crazy about it.

fashionlover's picture
fashionlover 3 January, 2015 - 15:07

I really love fashion and specially designing. I designed when I just had 5 years old...

Sara_H's picture
Sara_H 20 July, 2014 - 20:53

yes i really like fashion, and i'm very interessed of that.no i never been in a tv show.

MALINE 3 July, 2014 - 18:00

I´m not into fashion, I think you can wear whatever you want without worrying if it is fashion or not although there are some basic accesories you can´t miss.

SweetRobin3's picture
SweetRobin3 7 April, 2014 - 18:50

yes, i'm interested of fashion very much but i' ve never been to a fashion show :(

RehinaParker's picture
RehinaParker 13 March, 2014 - 13:29

I like fashion and i follow it sometimes....I have been in many fashions shows..

dzeni 21 February, 2014 - 12:47

I have never been to a fashion show. I like fashion and I always try to follow the latest fashion trends.

ellen's picture
ellen 17 January, 2014 - 15:17

Yes, of course. I adore fashion.
I watch fashion shows on fashionTV.
No, i have never been to a fashion show, but i would.

260344's picture
260344 14 January, 2014 - 13:09

Yes, of course I am interested in fashion. No, I havent been to fashion, but I will like to be. I watch fashion shows on TV.

Niluh 14 January, 2014 - 11:57

Yes of course, nearly all women are interested in fashion as i am. No, i have never been to a fashion show, mostly i only watch on TV.