Fashion

Monday, 13 January, 2014 - 17:21

Fashion Week

by MehramS

After the holiday period the beginning of the New Year can seem to get off to a slow and somewhat lethargic start. The majority of people are hit by the infamous 'January Blues' as they no longer feel the constant buzz of excitement that surrounds Christmas celebrations. However, there is one particular industry that feels quite the opposite. The start of the New Year allows for the fashion industry to premier the latest trends and looks for the coming seasons through a series of runway shows held in the major fashion capitals of the world: Milan, New York, Paris and London. These shows are collectively known as Fashion Week. 

Fashion Week happens twice a year and they are held almost half a year in advance of the coming season. This grants the press and buyers unprecedented access to the designs and provides retailers with enough time to prepare for the incoming collections. The seasons are paired up into autumn/winter and spring/summer. The autumn/winter womenswear shows start in New York at the beginning of February and the collections travel to each of the four famous fashion capitals until the shows come to a close in March, usually in Paris. The spring/summer collection follows the same travel pattern although this starts in September and ends the following month. In recent years other famous cities such as Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Tokyo, Berlin and Madrid have hosted their own versions of Fashion Week and have featured some of the most up and coming names in the industry. 

Last February I worked in Milan during their Fashion Week and beautiful clothes and people could be seen on every corner. The city became animated with anticipation, ready and waiting for a glimpse of the modern designs, fabrics and their creators. This February I shall have to watch the shows online but the revelation of future styles will give me something to look forward to and shall hopefully wipe away those 'January Blues'. 

Are you interested in fashion? Have you ever been to a fashion show? 

Submitted by HectorSR on Wed, 05/08/2019 - 01:07

I am really not interesting about this,but for other people love it so that is fine. :)

Submitted by debora66666 on Sun, 04/14/2019 - 15:03

I am interested in fashion, but I have never been to a fashion show. I watch fashion shows on my laptop.
Profile picture for user LoniSnowfnuggi

Submitted by LoniSnowfnuggi on Wed, 05/09/2018 - 06:25

I like fashion, and i watch the fashion shows on my computer
English courses near you