Magazine blogFashion

Mad for the sales

3

Almost instantly after Christmas is over, the hype for sales begins. Ready, set, go? 

Discounts have become more popular over the years worldwide, with each country adding their own touch to the special seasonal sales. In England, they literally get going after the opening and giving of presents the day before – the Boxing Day sale. The day after Christmas consists of pretty much all major high street shops putting on extraordinary discounts from 50% to 70% on everything, with massive queues of members of the public ready to spend, spend, spend! After that, the January sales continue into late January, to get rid of all the winter stock.

Shopping online is also a great option to grab a bargain, as online retailers as well as many department stores offer clearance prices on Christmas items. There are plenty of deals online that include pretty much everything discounted until the end of January.

Yet in Spain, the sales go on until the end of March, so there is plenty of time to get yourself a New Year's treat. Clothing being the most wanted item ever, every shop has clothes sprawled all over the place with people searching through the piles as if it were gold. With prices lowered every week, New Year's sales really do keep the people shopping!

When do shops have sales in your country? Do you like the sales?

Romana's picture
Romana 29 January, 2017 - 20:21

in my country the sales aren't real because the merchants make the goods price so expensive then in sales they return it to its real price i think sales are the best ideas to attract customers so i like it!!

hadia 28 January, 2017 - 15:55

Shops usually have sales whenever some festive occasion is coming. Like on Eid days or when it's the season of marriages. Also, on the onset and fall of seasons . ;)