Fashion

The pros and cons of online shopping

4
TaylaBlogger

These days, it seems like everything is going digital. From news articles and recipes to yoga tutorials, you can find almost everything on the internet.

Many people find this way of life more convenient, because they can complete their daily chores from the comfort of their own home. I think that’s why some people like to shop for their clothes online. With the click of a button, you can order anything you want, and have it delivered directly to your front door. For someone with a busy lifestyle, this seems ideal.

Firstly, online shopping can be far less stressful than hitting the high street shops. There are no huge crowds of people or tediously long queues. With online shopping, it’s just you and your computer. It’s like you have the whole shop to yourself! Secondly, online stores don’t have opening and closing times. This is perfect for anyone with a busy schedule – like office workers who work long hours, or teenagers with several hobbies to squeeze into the weekend. If you want to, you can even place an online shopping order at three o’clock in the morning!

In the bustling modern world, there are clearly many advantages to online shopping. However, in my experience, there are also several cons … With online shopping, you can’t try before you buy, and that’s a definite disadvantage for me. Often, when my new clothes arrive, I find they don’t fit very well. It’s always annoying when a dress is a little too big, or when sleeves are awkwardly short … Sometimes, the clothes are not what I was expecting. A piece of clothing might look great in photos online, but quite different in real life. A blue jumper might turn out to be green, whilst other times the material of a blouse will feel cheap and scratchy.

In these scenarios, you want to return the item, but here lies the biggest problem with online shopping. You have to pay for your order’s delivery, and for an item to be returned to the warehouse! These charges are often very expensive, which suddenly makes online shopping seem a little less convenient…That’s why I don’t choose to shop online very frequently. For now, I will continue to find the time for a trip to a real shop, where I know exactly what I’m buying!

Do you prefer shopping online or going into a shop? 

poppymoore's picture
poppymoore 31 March, 2017 - 11:50

I prefer online shopping. The websites I shop from allow me to try and return the clothes if I don't like them very easily and also refund my money so online shopping really suits me.

cherrygirl's picture
cherrygirl 10 March, 2017 - 19:07

I like shopping in the real shops, its kind of relaxing. But if I can't find something (except clothes and shoes) there, I use the online shops ofc

LoodyChan's picture
LoodyChan 19 January, 2017 - 16:54

For me, I like Online shopping it's have pros and cons like you siad, I've experimented buy everything except buy clothes, I can't buy clothes I still afraid I'm better buy clothes from the shop and I think is a big problem that Late arrival of demand.

Aliceinthewonderland's picture
Aliceinthewonderland 8 January, 2017 - 07:24

For me, I prefer going into a shop. Did you know why? Online shopping is a big problem that you can't know when would you receive the products, and you started to worried about it. Also, if the company of the online store have no credibility and they don't sent the product out, you will lost everything.