Fashion

The return of the Chelsea boot

7
MeganC

Having spent the last few years of my life in a renowned student city, I have constantly been surrounded by alternative styles and fashions. Whilst I have always appreciated the latest trends, I have never considered myself a fashionable person; like many teenagers out there, I often struggle when it comes to defining my own personal style. Although this struggle is by no means over, my fashion worries have been partially solved by a recent clothing discovery. This revelation occurred several weeks ago when, in the midst of another unsuccessful shopping trip, I came across the acclaimed Chelsea boot. Two months on and thirty pounds down, and I can truthfully say I cannot imagine fashion life without this item.

I am normally quite indecisive when it comes to shoes, often struggling to find the balance between style and practicality. For me, however, Chelsea boots fill the three fundamental criteria that I look for in the perfect shoe.

• Comfort
    Despite the wedge that features as part of most traditional Chelsea boots, these shoes are incredibly comfortable. Personally, as a relatively petite female, I always appreciate a shoe that offers a few extra inches in height without compromising in comfort.
  • Adaptability
    Chelsea Boots are incredibly versatile. Whilst they can be worn for day trips due to their comfort, they are also ideal for sophisticated gatherings with friends. What’s more, these boots are often monochrome, meaning that they complement most outfit choices.
  • Style
    Finally, a shoe that is stylish as well as practical! Although relatively plain in terms of decoration, Chelsea boots always add a little bit of sophistication and flare to an otherwise average outfit.

They may have been invented in the Victorian era, but it’s no wonder that these boots keep coming back into fashion! I, for one, am thankful for their return. Whilst I will not be establishing myself as a fashion guru anytime soon, I can at least put my feet up knowing that I have a practical pair of boots that will help me survive the upcoming winter!

Topics: 

Do you have a fashion item that you can't live without?

iva10 1 November, 2015 - 21:48

No.I don t like fashion so much and make up.I think it isn t neccesary in life even though my sister thinks it is.

budgie's picture
budgie 5 March, 2015 - 17:02

I can't live without comfortable clothes. I find combines with lots of necklaces, rings, bracelets etc. too useless and I think they are not for teenagers about my age (13-14) .