Fashion

Winter warmers

24
HannahT

Goodbye summer! Move over floaty kimonos and sheer cardigans and say hello to this season's offerings of snuggly yet stylish winter coats. Winter coats have always been one of the season's big style investments, and this year has been no exception. They have made a comeback on the catwalk in a variety of different styles - from maxi length to rain macs, woolly, leather and waterproof. There's plenty of pastel and just a hint of tartan, but what style will you be wearing? 

Oversized coats stormed the catwalks this season in a variety of hues and patterns. Everyone from the high-end such as Michael Kors and Mulberry to the high street were sending these cocoon like creations down the catwalk. These coats are defined by their loose, boxy, masculine structure; however don't let the masculinity of these coats put you off! By using a belt at the waist they can also be feminine and pretty, thus making them a truly versatile piece!

Pink is most definitely the colour of the season and especially when it comes to coats! So ditch the bland browns, boring black and unleash your inner girly-girl. From bubble gum to fuchsia, peony to hot pink there is a shade for everyone and you'll be spoilt for choice when it comes to the style! Don't worry about looking childish, in fact as a proud owner of a pink coat I can confirm that they are not only on trend but incredibly sophisticated. So go on girls, think pink! 

If you're keen on something edgier and a bit more rock 'n' roll, look no further than the timeless leather biker jacket. Possibly one of the most versatile items of clothing you will ever own, the leather jacket can be worn both day and night, either dressed up or down. They go with almost anything and everything. What's more, this season they come in an array of colours, from emerald green to burnt orange, and incredible textures such as lambskin and snake print. 

With so many shades, textures and structures which style will you be opting for to keep cosy this winter?

What type of winter coat do you have? Tell us about it here. 

amairany's picture
amairany 21 May, 2014 - 04:53

I love my winter clothing that the sacs, raincoats, coats, sweaters makes me very elegant, wear boots, gloves, hats, is suer cool.
but I also like the style of shorts for summer, super loose shirts, swimsuits, beach sun uf friends is another wonderful thing, I think every era in time are amazing. <3

Ayan's picture
Ayan 3 March, 2014 - 17:42

I have coats.. I like coats ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Niluh 3 December, 2013 - 07:57

Unfortunately, my country doesn't have winter so i don't have winter coat, but i have a raincoat. The color is pink, my favourite color.

ellen's picture
ellen 30 November, 2013 - 18:32

I have got many coats . Couse, I like it.
Mostly I prefer more dark colors in the winter.but, this year I'm more open to the use of colors.
I've brought a red coat .
Everyone says ~light colors suits you more.`

Bosnianchild's picture
Bosnianchild 23 November, 2013 - 14:48

I do not like winter, and I don't like winter clothes. I love summer, and in winter I must wear something silk or colorful. So, I don't like coats. I don't have coats. Now, I have one winter, long, jacket. It is green and it's very hot. I bought it in New Yorker for 50 euro. It looks like a summer jacket and I love it.

Halen's picture
Halen 12 November, 2013 - 13:59

I have a winter coat .It is grey.And I can make many different and trendy combines with different boots,gloves or scarfs

RehinaParker's picture
RehinaParker 10 November, 2013 - 15:15

I realy like coat's my favourite one is black and another that is blue.....They are very comfortable..

Natalija 9 November, 2013 - 15:02

I have many coats, because I really like wearing them. Coats're my favourite clothes. My favourite one is pink and it's really special. Than I have a red one, white, dark blue, pepito design. I like wearing all of them, so warm and stylish. I think every girl should have at least one winter coat.

Harabeli Supersweet 8 November, 2013 - 14:52

I don't have a winter coat right now. But I used to have two special ones. I remember a blue coat that had two rabbits on the back and a white coat that made me look like a little polar bear. I gave them away, because my body is growing and they were to small. But I'll always remember my unique coats.