Our Magazine is written by young people from the UK. Each year we select a new group of bloggers, from the British Council’s language assistants, who share their experiences of learning languages and living abroad. The views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the LearnEnglish Teens team.

Tuesday, 17 December, 2013 - 13:42
66
by MehramS

Nail art has become an international phenomenon and many are using their fingernails as a canvas to display creativity and personality.

Tuesday, 26 November, 2013 - 09:23
70
by TeresaC

Like many girls, I absolutely love clothes shopping! But, as a student, I don’t have a lot of money to keep up with the latest fashion trends. 

Wednesday, 13 November, 2013 - 00:34
32
by ClaireE

What do you wear?

Thursday, 7 November, 2013 - 10:33
24
by HannahT

Goodbye summer! Move over floaty kimonos and sheer cardigans and say hello to this season's offerings of snuggly yet stylish winter coats.

Thursday, 7 November, 2013 - 04:56
10
by AbbeyH

The November issue of Elle magazine focused on Women in Hollywood, and chose to photograph Melissa McCarthy for the cover spread. McCarthy is plus-size, forty-three and fabulous.

Monday, 21 October, 2013 - 17:32
65
by KatieP

I have recently moved to Hamburg in Germany and have always heard a famous stereotype that “Germans are very unfashionable”.

Tuesday, 8 October, 2013 - 14:03
12
by AbbeyH

Last season's catwalk saw fluorescent yellows take centre stage. Autumn, however, seems much more mellow.

Saturday, 5 October, 2013 - 11:28
18
by AnnaM

A little bit of background to begin with, Fashion Weeks are basically a chance for designers to promote and showcase their latest designs and show people what’s ‘in’ and what’s ‘out’.

Tuesday, 1 October, 2013 - 09:44
9
by HannahT

With the days getting shorter and a definite chill in the air, it’s clear that winter is upon us.

Monday, 20 August, 2012 - 12:32
48

Aside from all the amazing sporting achievements and incredible atmosphere, one thing I always notice when watching the Olympics is the sometimes ridiculous amount of jewellery worn by the competit

Thursday, 10 May, 2012 - 23:23
110

When it comes to fashion, the weather is something that plays a huge role in shaping the themes and styles for the season. You wouldn’t wear boots on the beach, or sandals in the snow, right?

Sunday, 6 May, 2012 - 15:51
54

We live in a world addicted to so-called ‘fast fashion’ - and chances are, we’ve all been there.

Monday, 26 March, 2012 - 13:43
56

I have always had a love for fashion and am currently embracing the new trend of snapping the unsuspecting ‘average Joe’ as they wander around town.

Monday, 26 March, 2012 - 13:04
40

“I GOT ONE I GOT ONE!!” British fashion designer Henry Holland excitedly proclaimed on Twitter.

Monday, 26 March, 2012 - 09:15
57

There is one shop on my road in Berlin which really stands out from the rest. Himo is nestled in between a closed-down supermarket and a quiet, tired-seeming hairdressers.

Thursday, 22 March, 2012 - 12:22
87

I have some difficulty walking in high heels.