Sometimes a flying visit from a loved one is all you need to realise how settled you are in a place. And this weekend I was delighted to show my parents around Seville, as they came for a short but...
1
If you ever visit an English village, make sure to look out for morris dancing. Undoubtedly one of the stranger traditions of English culture, morris dancing is a form of folk dancing that dates back...
1
In my bag I always carry the same essential items: my keys; my purse; some loose change; my mobile phone and my little blue vocabulary notebook. This year I am living abroad in Germany and I am...
3
So, being away from home is great fun, until you meet someone who becomes the reason you don’t want to be away. How do you cope? Here you can find nine tips on how to survive being away from your...
1
Last week, I went to Montpellier in the south of France for an exam. So this trip was for business, not pleasure. However, I was looking forward to seeing some of my friends, who studied in Paul...
British people are famous for apologising in almost every situation. Whether we are apologising for asking a question, for our bad weather or because we sneezed, we are probably the number-one nation...
13