Tuesday, 20 February, 2018 - 09:43
0

We are all aware that practical exercises using textbooks and classroom materials are valuable when it comes to language learning.

Monday, 19 February, 2018 - 20:08
0

The plane touched down in Rio de Janeiro. Until then I had been enjoying the in-flight movies, the free ice cream and the fact that no one sat next to me for the entirety of the flight.

Monday, 19 February, 2018 - 20:07
0

This will sound strange to some and perhaps quite familiar to others: in my family, we only took down the Christmas tree almost halfway through the month of January.

Monday, 19 February, 2018 - 20:06
0

Before my year as a language assistant, I never imagined I could enjoy teaching as much as I do.

Friday, 9 February, 2018 - 12:05
2

On what was just a regular, cold Friday morning in an icy train station, I witnessed something that brought a tear to my eye.

Friday, 2 February, 2018 - 10:27
3

Avocado’s recent popularity growth is hard to ignore.

Friday, 2 February, 2018 - 10:14
6

In a world surrounded by bad news, it may feel like an unhappy place sometimes. However, you can make a difference.

Friday, 2 February, 2018 - 09:47
1

Recently I was watching a stand-up comedy sketch by a comedian called Trevor Noah, a mixed-race comedian from South Africa who often discusses important topics such as discrimination and racism.

Friday, 2 February, 2018 - 09:46
1

Idioms are one of the hardest parts of learning a language. For those of you who don’t know, an idiom is a phrase which has a meaning, but the meaning is not clear from the words themselves.

Monday, 29 January, 2018 - 11:37
1

Germans have a word wanderlust which translated into English would be ‘the desire to wander’. Nowadays the opportunity to travel is endless.

Wednesday, 17 January, 2018 - 10:11
0

Basel is often referred to as the cultural capital of Switzerland, but what exactly can you do in this Swiss city?

1. The Rhein

Monday, 15 January, 2018 - 09:27
1

Everyone loves travelling, right? Unfortunately, depending on where you want to go, money can sometimes be a problem … but not if you’re prepared.

Monday, 15 January, 2018 - 09:17
0
Around the world, many people come together on 31st December to celebrate the coming of the New Year. In Scotland, this is a very important occasion, which is called 'Hogmanay'.
Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:44
3

Spending Christmas in a foreign country can be a truly eye-opening experience, especially since it’s easy to assume that as a worldwide festivity, most countries probably celebrate in a fairly simi

Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:39
0

One of the first things I did when I moved to my new city was hire a bike. Why?

Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:38
0

During my third year of university, I spent six months studying in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Many are apprehensive about travelling to Rio but I can assure you it is worth a visit.

Monday, 4 December, 2017 - 09:24
0

It was a typically cold and damp night in Manchester where I had recently started my undergraduate degree in English And American literature in 2009.

Monday, 4 December, 2017 - 09:18
1

In this blog post I'll tell you all about the Scottish legend of the kelpie, a spirit water-horse.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:53
5

It’s interesting to have a chance to teach English abroad because you get to see a completely different education system from the one you experienced.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:40
0

Moving to a foreign country is an amazing, life-changing experience. It’s an opportunity to meet new people, immerse yourself in a different culture and possibly learn another language.

Subscribe to Life around the world