10 reasons why school was actually a pretty good deal

76
JenniferO

Have you ever heard the phrase, ‘Your school years are the best years of your life’? Well, it’s not true. At least, I hope it isn’t. It would be pretty sad if all the good stuff was over before you reached your twenties. But still, as I was walking to work the other day, I started thinking back to my school years in the UK. They might not have been the ‘best’ days, but there were definitely a lot of advantages of being at school. Here are some of them:

1. Friends. I can’t think of anything more luxurious than spending every day with my friends. When you leave school, meeting up with even one friend can take a lot of organising.
  2. Free knowledge. My school was free: it cost me and my parents £0. £0 for English, maths, geography, history, art, and lots of other subjects. What a bargain! Learning can be really expensive when you leave school - especially in the UK, where university has now become almost as expensive as buying a little house.
  3. Uniform. In England, schoolkids wear a uniform to school. Mine was blue. It wasn’t fashionable or particularly flattering, but it saved a lot of time in the mornings. Now it takes me ages to decide what to wear.
  4. Short days. My school days sometimes felt very long but they were, in fact, very short. The school day started at 9 and finished at 15.30. I used to think of ‘home time’ as the beginning of the evening, but nowadays I think of 15.30 as the middle of the afternoon.
  5. Exercise. I’m not very good at sport and I don’t really like it. But at school, sport was compulsory - twice a week we had to play netball, hockey, rounders, etc. I now realise that this was a good thing! Without compulsory sport, you become very lazy ...
  6. Bunsen burners. Unless you become a scientist, it’s unlikely that you will encounter Bunsen burners (or, indeed, other pieces of scientific equipment) in your post-school life. What a shame!
  7. Holidays. Christmas, Easter, half-term, and, of course, the jackpot: the summer holidays. There was always a holiday to look forward to at school. Time to ride your bike, to sit around watching films, to have sleepovers, and then the last day to do your homework.
  8. Teachers. Believe it or not, I miss teachers. OK, so they give homework and they make you stick to the rules. But they also share their knowledge with you and help you get to the right answer. When you no longer have teachers, you have to find the answers all by yourself!
  9. Resources. School had all the resources I could have asked for: books and paper and glue and paint and bats and balls. If I now wanted to make, for example, a papier  mâché, I would have to spend all day shopping for the ‘ingredients’.
  10. Not knowing what’s coming next. I never really knew what I would 'do' or ‘be’ after school, but it was OK: The Grand Future was far away in the distance – filled with all sorts of different paths and possibilities. I guess it still is.

Can you add anything to the list? Do you like going to school, or are you ready to leave? What is school like in your country?

hadia 27 November, 2016 - 08:48

I miss my school so much. Few days ago, it was sports day at my school. My cousins were getting ready for school and I was like..........《I wanna go there too》
School days are really amazing. We must cherish them.

gianggiang 17 May, 2016 - 13:56

Talking about school is an interminable story :
1) School is where you find your BFF but also meet some bullies.
2) School is where you are taught how to be polite and elegant but also collect many " not very polite " words from classmates.
3) School is like a five-star hotel where you " pay a heavy price " to take a nap in the classroom.
4) School is like a picture containing striking contrasts between adults ( teachers) and children ( students ) : e.g + All students must be quiet while teachers 're saying but no teachers allow students to chat ( also a kind of saying ) when they're in silence.
+ No a teacher is able to teach all subjects excellently, but they always hope students to study all subjects well. ( This is impossible as a student is only prone to right-brain or left-brain ).
5) School is where students are advised not to use comestics whereas teachers often make up carefully as if they were going to attend Halloween festival.
6) School is where my imagination has lots of chance to develop( my body is in classroom but my soul is roaming, loitering with clouds and sunshine, and hanging on the trees) and my flexibility has been detected. ( Study Maths in Chemistry classes, study Chemistry in Physics classes, study
Physics in Maths classes... you know what will happen next. )
One more,+) if the notion " going to school " didn't exist, the definition " playing truant" would never appear.
+) If your class didn't have bad students, " good students" wouldn't turn up. ( Never compare good with bad students :) )
+) Bad students are advised by parents :" You should make friends with good students, they will help you study better ", but good students are advised : " Never spend time with bad students, they will distract you from studying " ?! Not easy to solve that.

Anyway, I need to go to school, I have time to speak Vietnamese with friends, have chance to greet the nurse and guardian, and I do want to know where I am in this world.

gianggiang 15 May, 2016 - 14:30

Yes, I want to add small information in the list. The word " School" derive from a Greek word, which originally mean " Leisure " ?!. But...the fact is that I'm always hectic at school. I do not want to leave school as I have many things to discover.

Littlepanda's picture
Littlepanda 12 May, 2016 - 18:42

First, I wanna say that I totaly agree with your article. I'm in highschool now and this is the beste thing that had ever happened to me.
However, I woult like to ask you what can you say about the importance of every subject in school?

iva10 22 October, 2015 - 14:46

All those reasons are true and i started thinking few days ago how will i for two years be in high school.I don't know how will it be,but i have dwo majours problems.I usually wait others to pass by and after all go then i go and the second problem is that i'm not very loud.So noone will listen to me!I'm not worried about my hight because our teacher says that we will be even taller than them.I'm not ready to go to high school yet and leave my friends.What if i don't make new friends?

Hi Everybody!
Tears rise from my heart and start gathering into my eyes whenever I think about my school life because I'm ready to leave the school charms and now it's a very very short period of time left for me to leave it. Well for me, school is just like my home. when we're spending our time in the school we develop a special bond of attachment with our teachers and friends. I don't actually remember the happenings of my first day at school but my parents used to tell me about them . According to them ;
Unlike every student I was very happy and cheerful on my first day because mostly I've seen children who cry a lot on their first day ( I think that they would be feeling that their parents are leaving them alone at a new place alone so that might have made them to cry)I was feeling very delighted and my parents told me that on the first day I even said them (when they were coming to my class to help me to get a seat) "You can go mummy and daddy! I can go myself. Don't worry, and bye bye! '' This really makes me laugh all the time! But apart from this, I really remember the times of my childhood when the trees of my school were too small and me my friends used to play in the ground, sometimes we have a swing! And now when I see the large and tall trees standing on the beautiful ground of my school , it really makes me feel sad and I am unable to control my sentiments and always cry bitterly! whhhooo! it's seems so difficult to even think to leave the school! Even now when I am writing this comment I feel so emotional and really depressed and don't know what to write but the words are coming automatically in my mind and I am writing! It's natural. I think most of you would like to read this and even though some of you may smile when you will read my this line that:
''When a person enters the school on first day he/she used to cry a lot but when the same person leaves the school on the Last day he/she again cries a lot!'' :)
This is so interesting fact! But there is surely a big difference in the first day crying and the last day crying!
I usually become sad when I look at the different corners of my school who are happily departing me and looking at me with their smiling faces and then I start thinking of the days that are no more!
Sorry if this is so long but these are my inner feelings! I hope many of you will like to read it!
Thanks, hadia

Elsa007 22 October, 2015 - 22:44

Hi Hadia,
Yeah, I really enjoyed your story of your school days! I love that feelings you passed over, I myself felt a bit sentimental while reading it! *-)
For me, I very much agree with 'your school years are the best years of your life’! I really like my school years because I can enjoy chatting, playing, having a lunch and after-school activities with familiar friends all the time (few comers and goers at my school)… My school days are full of fun even though it includes hard exercise and sever dressing-down from teachers and a headmaster (!). I actually have decided to do enjoy my school days because I'm often told by adults that 'you're not going to have a such fun time when you've grown up! Adults have to act in the society with some responsibilities'………..
OMG, I wanna stay innocent……….., !! but….wanna study and know more about the world and people around me……..!! I wanna get far smarter than now, like you, hadia!!
I feel conflicted, these are my inner feelings!! 
Elsa☆

hadia 1 December, 2015 - 13:56

Hi there, Dear Elsa!!!
I feel sorry for replying you too late :(((.....................
Well Thanks for reading my comment and agreeing with it :)) That's true that we love our school activities and enjoy them:)..............................For me whenever I've a look at my past pictures of school I start feeling sad..............That's quite natural,,,,,,,,,,! Few days ago I was watching a video of our school trip which I had captured there.........
that was sooooo funny and lovely............... And me with my all school mates were having fun, chatting, singing and playing games.............................That's really the adorable period of time...huh!
Well! Yeah , I sometimes feel older!.............I mean I've not remained that innocent child than I used to be .....I've grown up now....................I've become mature and I observe things more precisely and carefully than before i.e. the time when I used to do fun all the day long!!!!!!!! Huh! That was the most precious time..............I miss it.............. I wanna go back there.......But that doesn't mean that I don't want to study more...........Of course!! I want to study more and achieve my aim but still I miss my happy school times :)))))))
I want to be like you Elsa!...................................Want to enjoy school time :))))
Have a good Day!!
Hadia☆

JohnShecana's picture
JohnShecana 3 February, 2015 - 22:48

Yes. I like to go to the school. When you are in the school you can talk with your friends, and you can play together. Sometimes I don`t like to go to school, because when I have test or quiz that makes me nervous. My favorite subject is P.E class, because I like to play sport there are many programs in the P.E class, so when I am in the P.E class I feel really great and that makes me feel good, so I can concentrate when I am studying. Sometimes there has fitness test, so I have to improve my health.

dzeni 27 March, 2014 - 13:24

In Montenegro primary school last for nine years, secondary last for four years and then you go to college. In my school we don`t have to wear uniforms. :) School starts at 7:30 and it finishes at 12:40 but sometimes I stay in school longer because I have extra lessons. We have thirteen subjects and many competitions.
I am still in primary school, in year 8. I really like school but my friends don`t like it very much. They hate studying, getting up early, homework and some teachers. I think they don`t understand that their best years are years in school. Nowhere you can find friends so easy and just friendships from school stay forever. All that memories are the best memories in our life. And as for the teachers they aren`t here just because they have to learn us Geography, Maths, History...they also learn us how to live. Unluckily, I realize that very late and I`m really sad because I have to leave my primary school. I`m not ready for it because I don`t want to leave my friends. I know that we will still meet but maybe never together like now. It`s very sad but everyone must to go further because one day we need to find a job. Therefore I will try to enjoy in every moment while I go to school. In my country there is one saying: From the cradle to the grave, the best is pupil`s age.

saba's picture
saba 15 September, 2013 - 17:53

in australia i loved going to school because it was fun and the teachers were nice and kind but in Iran school is like a prison it's environment is dirty and bad it's uniform is like the ones prisoners wear and the teachers treat you like prisoners!!! and guys sorry i'm nagging so much but there is really no bright side in iran

invisiblelight's picture
invisiblelight 31 August, 2013 - 05:54

What A Very Good Topic !! I Really Felt Sad After reading It I Miss My School And Worry About My University Life I Will Miss My Teacher And My Friends Whom I Spent With Them The Most Of My Life
I Hate To Admit that The Best Time In My Life I Spent It in My school But, I have be Positive And Think As Every Period In My Life Have Its Positives And its Negatives So ! I Think That a Better Times Will Wait Me In The Future =)

NikkQ's picture
NikkQ 30 August, 2013 - 19:52

Hey, I'm Nick.
I like going to my school because you can learn a lot of new things everyday and it's sometimes fun!:)
The things I don't like about my school are some of my "mates", they're sometimes stupid and annoying.
School is hard & you gotta study a lot but I still like it though. Here in Colombia, you gotta wear a uniform too! Mine is red & black, I like it, I actually have 17 subjects, they're hard but so interesting to learn about them and I like it. Sometimes they leave us a lot of homework and that's stressing, but in general I like my school and being with my friends there!:)

dunjenman's picture
dunjenman 25 June, 2013 - 02:33

I found this article that has some more reason for what school is good for. Check it out.

Jonathan - Coor... 25 June, 2013 - 05:08

Hi dunjenman. Sorry, I've removed the link from your message because there may be inappropriate content, advertising or links on external websites. But thanks for contributing to the discussion and maybe you could tell us your opinion. What do you think school is good for?

otarsichinava's picture
otarsichinava 24 May, 2013 - 07:32

Hello everyone. i think all reasons are true. 1. about school friends - i think, in the school years you really fraternized to first friend. 2. about free knowledge.- we know that is not true, but you earn more knowledge than you pay money. 3. Uniform- i frome georgia and in our country noone wears uniform in school, i do not why, but i think it is problem of our governmant. 4. short day- in the Georgia school day stardet 9:00 and finished 14:00. i think, for some people this is short time, for some this is very long. for me it is a long time. i do not forget my school years, every school day when was coming from school i allways was been tired. 5. exrcise- i do not like exrcise, i am very lazy boy :)))))))). 6 holiday- it was very happy times for me ))))). 7. Teachers- I like most of my teachers. sometimes i have met them, and at this moment i was missing school years.

sailor moon's picture
sailor moon 19 May, 2013 - 18:50

i love to go at school.
in my country the lessons aren`t very difficult.
i am a good pupil.

otarsichinava's picture
otarsichinava 16 May, 2013 - 15:32

I agree that the school years are the best years of our lives, because when I was in school, I was in love for the first time, for the first time in my life I have fraternized with their friends, and life looked very easily with the eyes of a child. the school years is a our first step of life.

MALINE 5 May, 2013 - 01:09

I really love going to school especially at elementary school,there I made a lot of friends , mostly men in fact I´ve always had male friends.
That time of my life was absolutely thrilling and thanks to my english Teacher back then, now I want to be one. I hope one day I can accomplished that dream and I can help my students.

mary_me5's picture
mary_me5 24 March, 2013 - 21:01

Hi
I agree with this article. I think that school is the most important for every human. You learn subjects , how to answer the questions, how to act. You meet your future friends there. I always loved school but not too much . i've learnt a lot from school.
In my country schools are different from other countries' schools. We don't wear uniforms. i think it is not good. School would be more attractive if children had uniforms.
I have a lot good memories about school. We had picnics . (we spent very good time) alsoo we had fun with our teachers. some of them were very kind but some of them not so much.
I really don"t miss school very much. beacuse i had not good classmates. But sometimes i want to sit with them and listen to our favorite teacher.
Finally i want to say that school is important. During this period you learn a lot. You Get information about everything. You meet friends . began to think about your future life. School helps you to be a good and educated person.

Natalija 23 March, 2013 - 11:23

I like school and I find it very important. School educates us and learns us about everything. The best thing you can get at school is knowledge. Someone perhaps doesn't like teachers, but I really appreciate them, because they unselfishly share their knowledge with us and I am really grateful.
I attended many schools so far in many countries and I know about school system in other places. For example, France. It has a very good school system, but it's expected from student to study a lot and he has a lot of obligations, homework every day and student has always to be ready for exams. I liked that kind of education.
In my opinion, Spain has a great educational system. I was in a boarding school there and teachers were really great and ready to explain you everything. They wanted you to study hard, but they also learn you a lot, both knowledge and life values.
I was in a boarding school in London last year and I am very content. Teachers are approachable and they teach you in an appropriate way for your age.
Turkey has also a good educational system, and teachers there are very nice and always able to listen you and help you to solve your problems. They don't teach you just the knowledge gained from books, but the real knowledge, through real examples.
Serbia has a good educational system, but I don't like the fact that we study many unimportant things, and the most important is neglected. I think that we should focus on the inner things, not just the boring facts. In Serbia, we don't have any opportunity to use our knowledge at school, we just learn and learn. I'd like to have the chance to learn more languages and I'd like teachers to be focused on science and laboratory more.

sity of good's picture
sity of good 23 March, 2013 - 11:03

Hello

First of all i want to say that there are two category of people who have different opinion about this issue,someone thinks,that studing at school is very disgusting,others believe that studing at school is very interesting and important to everyone.I'm the person who has the same attitude to this issue as those who defines studing at school as the great time of our life.I want to explain why i think so,school is the great place where you can meet people that you've never seen before,you can find new friends and share your feelings and thoughts with them,more over this is the best way to get a lot of iteresting information, also you can get a great experience that will help you in the next life.

unknownGEO's picture
unknownGEO 20 March, 2013 - 06:40

i think that school has it possitive and negative sides of course it depends on what kind of school is it and in which country if it is good for a pupil i think that he/she would be glad to go to school but if it is not good for some reasons at that time pupil would not be glad and wished to never go

mariam m's picture
mariam m 19 March, 2013 - 20:37

when I went to school I thought that it was horrible. I said that I would never miss school but now I miss staffs what happened at school.when I was leaving school I was very happy and thought that it was one of the best moment of my life.
my school was free too, we had to leave there 5-6 hours every day and it was very tiring, sports was not compulsory.
some teachers was friendlyand pretty but some of them very strict.

Nika C's picture
Nika C 19 March, 2013 - 19:15

Hello!
I go to school because I can meet my friends. My school is very sweet and there are cool teachers.
| like sport for example basketball.
When I was little I liked school. Afther this I realized this, school is very important thing in my life, I must to do everything if I want to achieve my goal, pass the exam, get the university and have perfect career in my proffesion.

tikunkulebi's picture
tikunkulebi 18 March, 2013 - 16:18

Hi Jennifer,
I am not agree with you. I have finished school 2 years ago and I never miss my school.
I hate get up early every day ,it was very difficult for me.Many of subjects were uninterested for me and I was forced to learn .
Sometimes I miss some teachers,they were very kind.But anyway I am very happy that I’ve finally finished school.

tatarashvili1's picture
tatarashvili1 18 March, 2013 - 15:35

Frankly speaking.the topic was really interesting, because school is important thing for our education. I'm sure that many people will feel the same as I. As for me the school was really great and there i spent good day, my teacher's were great and they always help me. Now I'm a student and i have new friend's too., but I still miss my school, class teacher's and of course my school friend's. One negative thing i can say about my school was resources especially computers and special technology,that was really necessary.

Vladimer J's picture
Vladimer J 18 March, 2013 - 00:23

n fact I estimate school is imfortant thing for eduqation, but if we put into account the bad condition of therm in georgia it is clear that school has not educational function.
I don,t like this list. when the author eximane the general thing,he must not talk about individual feeling. He olso consider that uniform is not bad at all. I disagree this and think that indefendant in the clothes promote childrens abilitys.

MM100's picture
MM100 17 March, 2013 - 21:22

I think,I can add only going on excursions.These travellings were very interesting and memorable.On the nature we had fun and shot funny videos.Now,when I am sad I review these videos and I get better.I really like going to school.My friends,my lovely teachers,we could spend a lot of time together.I respect all of my teachers.Of course,there were a lot of different persons and it's imposible love all of them.But they had put a lot of energy and knowledges in us and it must be appreciated.In my country schools are free.We don't wear uniforms.We learn for 12 years and we pass exams at the end of 12-th grade to take the certificate.

marikuna's picture
marikuna 17 March, 2013 - 20:40

Hello,
I can’t add more, all of reasons are true.
I liked going to school very much, because in my opinion pupils can get information from books and teacher helps them. Also they can general education in every question, because they study different subjects.
In my country every school is similar.There aren’t uniform and every student is different whith their clothes, this indication their possibility, what I don’t like.
Really I want to say that I missed school.

likakutelia19's picture
likakutelia19 17 March, 2013 - 13:07

This topic is very interesting. I want to add something to the list. Firstly, I remember the measures, festivals, poetry evenings and competitions which were held every year in my school and I have so sweet memories connected with them. Secondly, school years are connected with many excursions and picnics, which are unforgettable. School in my country looks like Jennifer’s school, but pupil don’t wear a uniform, also informational technology now has much more influence on a studying process. There were a lot advantages of being at school, sometimes I miss school, but I think that student years are much more better. :)

dona cenja's picture
dona cenja 8 March, 2013 - 10:13

I agree with you irini.for my opinion school is the most important thing in our life.We should go to school to have a better life and a good future

bingogo's picture
bingogo 28 October, 2012 - 20:16

I have just started the high school, its a little bit hard because of studying, but it would be better . There are some great students and teachers and I think I will like it.

Starlette Lady's picture
Starlette Lady 21 October, 2012 - 12:45

Okay so... I'm another person responding to this awesome blog.
In Ukraine, school's pretty good. At least, I'm okay with it. I can neither say that I love school nor that I hate it - it's just something I have to do.
My opinion on the things u consider 2 be good:
-Friends. Absolutely true. It takes us a really long time planning where to go and what to do on holidays when we wanna meet. At school, it's no problem.
-Free knowledge. It's true to some extend, but in our school we also have to spend money. We have an organisation called 'Parents' Committee' and our parents have 2 give them money every month. Then these committees manage our school life. Plus we have to buy some textbooks every year - e.g. for English & German/French.
-Uniform. I hate it. Here in Ukraine uniform is not compulsory in every school - in ours too. But my mom made me wear uniform. Now I don't, cuz I look really ridiculous.
-Short days. Not that short - especially for me. School ends at about 3 pm, but I also stay for extra lessons. In Ukraine we have many contests & olympiads in school subjects and I normally take part in English, German and Ukrainian ones. It takes a lot of time and hard work.
-Exercise. oh yeah. To tell the truth, P.E. is not my fav class. But I agree with u, we become lazy if we don't do sport.
-Bunsen burners. We only have chemistry experiments once in 3 months :(( , cuz our school can't afford all the necessary equipment & chemicals. So one has to be economical.
-Holidays. The best part about school :)))
-Teachers. I like most of my teachers. They're good, though give us much homework.
-Resources. In our school, we have to get all the necessary things ourselves. So u were lucky Jennifer.
-The Great Future. Yes, it is still far and unknown, but I personally already have to think about my future because I'm in the 9th grade. and we have exams in the end of this academic year, and then exams in the end of 11th grade. But u're right,the future is still something we await...

Starlette Lady's picture
Starlette Lady 23 October, 2012 - 18:21

now when I look through all this I realise: I write too much. but I just can't make it short! I have so much to say!

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 23 October, 2012 - 20:58

Hi Starlette Lady,
Don't worry about writing too much! We enjoy reading your comments. They show that you're enjoying our website and you're making the most of the opportunities to practise your English. Well done, you! :)
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens Team) 

Starlette Lady's picture
Starlette Lady 24 October, 2012 - 16:06

Thanks for support! And sorry if I'm being annoying, but could you please please plzzz create a blog function for us? I feel it would be better and the comments won't be overloaded with information. Thx once more!

JenniferO's picture
JenniferO 29 September, 2012 - 19:27

Hello everyone -- thanks so much for reading and responding to the article. I enjoyed reading all of your comments, and learning about what you think of school! It's really nice to hear how many of you enjoy going school.

One thing I find interesting is how many of you enjoy your schools lunches! You're really lucky to have such nice food at school. In the UK, school lunches have a bad reputation. Traditionally, pupils are given unheatlhy things like 'potato smileys' (Google it to see what I mean!). But maybe you have heard of Jamie Oliver? He is a famous chef who is trying to change this.

One of you also mentioned class trips which I completely forgot to mention! Class trips are great, and you often get to do some really interesting stuff -- we went rock climbing once, for example. Another thing somebody mentioned was school parliament -- I think this is a great thing to do at school,  too.

JOH

Starlette Lady's picture
Starlette Lady 21 October, 2012 - 12:22

in response to googling 'potato smileys': this is an exact internet article:

Potato Smileys: a french fry that has been flattened and shaped into a circle, with two eyes and a smiley mouth cut out. These greasy delicacies were created in hopes that they would cheer up fat, overweight children in schools across America. But, sadly these happy potato snacks are eaten as regularly as normal french fries, potato wedges, tater-tots, or curly fries. There is still debate about the true reason behind all the extra work put into school food such as this, considering the fact that school lunch is still disgusting and noone enjoys it.

dude 1:dude, gimme your potato smileys...
dude 2:no....go get your own

KingLinis's picture
KingLinis 25 September, 2012 - 07:31

Hi!
I dont want to go to school and dont want to leave school.I go to school, becuse i need a job. There are a lot of things that I like in latvian schools. In Iecavas school I like lunch breaks, because they are 45 minutes long, and then I can go to a shop. I like my school, because there are all my friends. My school is very good, because it is big and white.

eatmyshort's picture
eatmyshort 25 September, 2012 - 07:27

I live in Latvia. There are only some schools which have a uniform. I don't like the uniform but some people want it. When i was studying from 1 to9 class i thought school was very hard and put on a lot of responsibilities but now i learn in 10 class and school is fun than ever. This year i go to student parliament and it is interesting to think some ideas to do school beter. School is interesting and "Don't miss school because you'll miss the life!" :)

fun's picture
fun 25 September, 2012 - 07:27

Hi !
I think i`m not ready to leave school , becouse i don`t know yet what i want to do after school . sometimes i like to go to school and meet friends. I like to be together with my friends because with them i dcan feel very weel and happy . I agree when you writw about friends. One of my best friend live in Riga and sometimes is`t difficult to meet her .
In schooly i don`t like exams , sometimes thei`re difficult and i don`t like it .
In my school ther are not uniforms , but i want them , i think , it can be very interesting when all the peoples are wearing the same clothes.
I like your post !

CherryBizkit's picture
CherryBizkit 25 September, 2012 - 07:24

Hi!
I actually can't add anything to the list, because there is all what i think of school years, even much more. I like going to my school, reason for that is my friends. Whom I meet almost all the time only at school, because I'm always too busy to relax from Monday to Friday. Another reason is that i like to see how much I can learn and how good or maybe bad i can write exams, tests etc.
In my country schools are different than Uk's schools, I think that schools in Uk are much better than our schools, cause in our schools country doesn't buy for students notebooks, workbooks and even pens and pencils. Thei only can afford books, and not even in all subjects. Chemistry lessons in our school are hard too, but you have to keep on to learn, math is hard for me too, but you have to try to complete every challenge in your life to get all what you want.

Thegirl's picture
Thegirl 25 September, 2012 - 07:23

Hi!
Sometimes I like going to school. Why?
I don't like going to school , when I am tired, I want to sleep, and next day I have a lot of exams.
I like going to school, because:
1. In school I can meet my friends and spend much time with them.
2. I can learn something new and complete my knowledge.
3. I have a short days, if I worked, my days finished about three hours later.
4. We have a lot of holidays: Christmas, Easter, 18 of November, autumn and spring holidays, of course Summer holidays.
5. I can learn some subjects for free, because in school I do not pay for learning, but if I take a course I'd pay a lot of money.
I have a lot of reasons why I like to go to school more than I don't like to go to school.
I totally agree you, because school years are doog years of life. I think every child needs to going to school!