Achieving a life goal

34
AbbiBlogger

Ever since I was little, there is always one thing I have known that I wanted to do: travel the world! I’ve always been fascinated with exploring and finding out as much as I can about different cultures. I spent a lot of time reading books all about other countries and imagining what they might be like.

I’ve been lucky enough to have been able to go to a lot of the countries I had dreamed about, but the one place that I always wanted to go to but never had a chance to visit was South America. So, as soon as I finished university, I knew I had to make plans to go there. I would do whatever I could to finally be able to achieve this life goal.

I knew it would be difficult, because at the time I started making my plans to go I couldn’t speak a word of Spanish, and I only had enough money to book my flight there! However, after six months of a lot of planning, hard work and an attempt to learn Spanish, I was ready and found myself on a flight to Uruguay with my best friend.

When we arrived, I couldn’t believe I had finally made it there, somewhere I had imagined many times. I have to say, it wasn’t at all like I imagined it – it was even better!

We went to many different countries in South America and I loved them all, but one of my favourites was Chile. Chile is amazing because it has so many different landscapes – which isn’t surprising when you think about how long the country is! We went down to a place called Pucon. It was very cold there, which we were completely unprepared for. When we had been planning our trip, we thought the weather would be hot the whole time, but we couldn’t have been more wrong! After buying some warm jumpers though, we were ready to explore. The best thing about Pucon was the huge, looming volcano which was constantly smoking the whole time we were there. You could even climb the volcano if you were brave enough!

In the end, I had the experience of a lifetime in South America, and I’m so happy that I worked hard in order to achieve this life goal of mine!

Have you ever worked hard to achieve a life goal? What did you have to do?

cenicienta's picture
cenicienta 6 October, 2017 - 18:02

one of my live goals is travel around a lot of countries and cities. Also I would like to improve the sport that I practice that is horse riding. finally I would have a live partner

jordan122's picture
jordan122 10 October, 2017 - 14:51

My life goal is to travel around the world with my partner to know more about the cultures of other countries and to have a new experience. I also want to have a good job with a good salary.

caperuzita's picture
caperuzita 6 October, 2017 - 17:57

One of my life goal is to visit as many cities as possibles, for example go to America. Another goal is to continue riding horse and improving this sport.

Novitadimison's picture
Novitadimison 6 October, 2017 - 16:19

A goal that I would like to do is to have good marks in this first evaluation so I could play a lot to the PS4 in Christmars

minion's picture
minion 6 October, 2017 - 16:10

Hi Abbi!
This future i´m going to study gym teacher and for that I have to study a lot of.
I want to be the best coach and parcitipate in tournaments.

MAM1's picture
MAM1 6 October, 2017 - 15:30

Hellooo, I agree with your life goal. My life goal is to travel around the world too. To complete my life goal I want to do that experience with my family and friends

MAM3's picture
MAM3 6 October, 2017 - 15:26

My life goal is to travel around the world and visit a lot of countries. I would like to go to all the countries but specially to New York because of the skyscrapers, the culture, the people, the shops... I also would like to go to Maldives due to the beaches and the weather. I believe that one day I will achieve my life goal!

Oier's picture
Oier 6 October, 2017 - 15:25

Hi Abbie!
In the future, I want to have a fun and interesting career to have a good life.
After the studies I like to work in another country for example in England, and have a good salary to keep my future family.

Ellies's picture
Ellies 6 October, 2017 - 15:17

Hi, I want to share with you my life goal.
My life goal is to travel around the world. Specially to Hawaii, Finland and Africa. Because I like the beaches of Hawaii, and the Northern lights and the Santa´s house in Finland. And Africa to help people and to see different animals.

MAM4's picture
MAM4 6 October, 2017 - 15:16

My life goal is to travel around the world. i know that it is very hard take a job in other countries, but I´m going work really hard an i belive that one day I will be bale to get away from home

baroonmlk's picture
baroonmlk 7 December, 2016 - 19:30

hello hadia !!!!
i just read your comment and i wanted to wish you good luck in your debate/speech :)
cause i have the same debate/speech coming up and i know how stressfull it is .... but i know that you're really gonna make it <3

hadia 8 December, 2016 - 14:28

Hi there baroonmlk!!
Thank you so much for your kind wishes. It's great to learn that you're participating in debate/speech competition too. I wish you best of luck too.
You're so cool and nice ;))
May you get the highest position. You know, it's really an exciting and at the same time a nervous feeling.
Love........ ;))))
Thanks again.

moonatina's picture
moonatina 24 November, 2016 - 14:01

My life goal is to travel around the world dancing and after that share my experience in Lithuania. I know that it is very hard to get dancer's job in other countries and I have to be extraordinary and have great technique skills to achieve this, but I'm working really hard and I believe that one day I will be able to get away from home and say 'hello' to the wide whole world in my own way. Dancing way.

Ken 25 November, 2016 - 13:28

Hi moonatina,
I hope you will make a hit worldwide, good luck with your hula dance!
\\\٩( 'ω' )و ///

JoEditor's picture
JoEditor 24 November, 2016 - 14:33

Hi moonatina,
Thanks for sharing your dreams with us. Good luck! I hope you make it as a dancer. It sounds like you're working really hard so we wish you all the very best! 
Best wishes, Jo (LearnEnglish Teens) 

hadia 24 November, 2016 - 03:51

Goals and aims make one's life meaningful.
Either we achieve them or not, the thing that matters is, that we worked hard and that's what we really need to do. Give full time to it.
At Present,
I have two main goals:-
1. To get addmission into the top ranking Medical College.
2. To win the English Debate/Speech competion at Provincial level.
I'm quite hopeful that I'd make up to it. Last year, I couldn't make up to the Provincial level and lost it. Hm, but I am determined and will work hard enough this year to make the judges realize that I deserve to be at that place. Yes!!
Ambitious life is a life worth-living!! :D

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 17 November, 2016 - 09:10

I have not worked hard before because I am a student. But like Abbi, travelling the world with my family is one of my wishes.I love to explore the different cultures,lifestyles, foods, and landscapes. But sadly, I am not so lucky. I have not had a chance to travel different places even in my own country. So,the dream to travel the world is too far for me. :'( I envy you, Abbi.

gianggiang 19 November, 2016 - 14:58

I have always worked hard to pass exams, is it possible to consider passing exams is life student's goal ?, Very stressed !
(⊙△⊙✿)

Ken 26 November, 2016 - 13:11

Yes, I know...
But I think you're lucky to be able to go to school and study hard!
٩(๑❛ᴗ❛๑)۶