The final countdown

5
LauraC

I’ve come to realise that my time in France will soon be coming to an end. I have been working as a language assistant since September and can’t quite believe where the time has gone. Officially, I have two months left in this beautiful country until my work contract ends, and also my rent. At first, this shock horror hit me with a panic – there is so much I want to see and do before I leave! But now, I’ve come to the conclusion that I have three options:

1)      I can lounge around in bed all day, surrounding myself with an endless supply of baguettes and croissants.

2)      I can look for another job, or even a summer internship that will allow me to stay here for that little bit longer.

3)      I can get out and about and explore every inch of the city and leave France knowing I made the most of my time here.

Last week I went out into Paris with my friend. We had no idea where we were going or what we wanted to do with the day, so we ended up closing our eyes and pointing at a random spot on the map. We took the metro to a part of Paris we had never been to before (and to be honest, probably never would have thought about visiting). Surprisingly, we found ourselves at a really cute café and I had one of the best meals I have had in France for a long time. This method of just picking a random place to go is definitely something I will be doing again. Not only do you get to experience a travel route you’ve never done before, but you may also find one of your new favourite places.

Before arriving in France I made myself a bucket list of general things I wanted to do before I left. Typical things such as find a Jazz bar, find my favourite wine, go to a music concert in Paris etc. Up until now I had forgotten I’d even made a list! I seem to have accomplished everything I wanted to do on the list without even realising. I just have 2 more things I want to do, and then I will have a completely checked off list. What a great feeling. A bucket list is something I would recommend to anyone visiting a new area, especially when you realise you only have a few months, or even weeks left in your host country. Motivation is all you need in the final countdown till you have to go home, so go out there and make the most of every day. 

Do you try to make the most of every day? Have you ever felt like you're on a 'final countdown'?

Elsa007 13 March, 2015 - 10:36

I've been to Japan! I love sushi! I agree with Lavender, Japanese people are quiet and polite, and the culture they've created is unique and beautiful! That was my impression!
People say Japanese boys are like herbivores. Do you think so, Coffeenn?
And… yes! I always try to make the most of every minute wherever I go.

Coffeenn's picture
Coffeenn 13 March, 2015 - 17:21

Ohh? Do you like sushi?? :O I have never eaten sushi... Do you think, Japan is beautiful? :3 Sorry, but I must to ask... Are Japanese boys nice? :P :D What do you think? :) And how old are you?

Coffeenn's picture
Coffeenn 11 March, 2015 - 17:42

Very nice :3 I want to travel the world... :)) But I think I will end up in Japan, because I think my hearth is Japanese. I love Japanese schools, language(I´m just learning it), writing(I know all signs from hiragana), ... I don´t know if I´ll like their food, but I want to try it. And I think Japanese boys are so nice :) Do you agree? And I think the Japanese people ale smiling more than peolpe in Europe, aren´t day? :))
I♥Japan :))

Lavender 12 March, 2015 - 03:03

I don't know if Japanese boys are nice however I totally agree Japanese people smile a lot. The thing I love about Japan is their fashion. I have never been to Japan, but I saw the Japan tourists on the street. I must say how they mix and match is unique, creative and also beautiful.

Coffeenn's picture
Coffeenn 13 March, 2015 - 17:18

Yes, Japanese people are very creative :) I also love their fashion :) They´ve got beautiful eyes, By the way :)) ♥