Happy places

comment_count; ?>
HannahG

For me, there is no better place to be happy than on top of a mountain! Maybe that sounds strange, but I'm here to explain.

I spent four months travelling around New Zealand, which was a fantastic experience. It offered a generous choice of both quiet coastline and majestic mountains. As a lover of the great outdoors, I took every opportunity to go hiking. Sometimes I was trekking for three days at a time, across moorland, through forests and up summits reaching more than 8,000 feet. There were distinct trails to follow up until a certain point, and then you had to climb (or crawl!) up any possible route. With the loose terrain, it often felt like two steps forward and one step back. However, I find that the physical strain and mental willpower it takes to reach the summit emphasises the sense of achievement you gain. Alongside the greatest reward - a spectacular view from the top! It is surreal to be face to face with the clouds, and looking out at neighbouring mountains and endless sky. Although I use New Zealand as an example, it doesn’t always have to be an enormous mountain for me to find that 'happy place'.

When I walk my dog up the hill behind my house in the Scottish Borders, I get that exact same feeling of peace and a sense of escape. It is the place I can truly put things into perspective. It is where I am reminded of the whole wide world that exists beyond me, and my daily routine. It is where I can physically see how tiny I am in the vast scale of things. When I sit at the peak of a mountain 8000 feet high, or up the hill beside the local golf course in my home town, I get the sense that I am in an entirely different, completely inspiring world.

Where is your happy place? Why does it make you happy?

Elsa007 29 April, 2015 - 14:56

Fantastic, Hannah! I like the last part of your texts which is very impressive and sympathetic enough to attract readers into your happiness place! I want to enjoy such a happy place like you have, which I hope will definitely help me discover new me and refresh!

Wow! It's amazing HannahG that your happy place is at the top of the mountain. I'd love to do that! Well my happy place is my garden! I feel happier than ever their!

Elsa007 30 April, 2015 - 06:34

Hi Hadia, what a lovely place! I don't have green fingers but I grow flowers in the pot nowadays. They bloom one after another, so I'm a bit busy for catching up on picking up dead flowers to make a space for coming flowers and to keep bloom! They are beautiful. What flowers or trees are you growing?

Hi Elsa007!
It's good that you are growing the blooming flowers and soon they will twinkle in the sky of trees! It will look awesome. Do you know Elsa.......we have a very big garden in our home. there stand huge trees , so big and gigantic that when I was a small kid I used to thing that they must be talking to sky! they were to big and still I look at the them and when the wind roars all the leaves and branches of those trees look like fierce monsters which are angry with the wind that it make them awake! or sometimes they become sweet lovers which are waving their branches smoothly! I feel lovely walking there and the little daffodils! wow! there are almost all kinds of fruits and vegetables which are growing in our garden. Our gardener whom we call as 'Mali baba g'' (mali is Urdu word meaning gardener, and he is bit old so we say him Baba g which is respectfully said to those who are old) well I and my other siblings water the plants usually and even play there! I hope you are not bored listening about my garden! Well, my grandmother usually sits there in the noon when there's a bit sunny environment. We do a lot of fun there!

Elsa007 1 May, 2015 - 05:25

Thank you Hadia! Wow, what a lovely story of your garden! I like it and I was picturing the vivid scene of your garden while listening. It's so nice that it's tempting me to make a book/film for younger kids! I really like the way you see and describe the nature around you, which is entertaining enough to makes us feel happy!

hadia 1 May, 2015 - 06:51

Hi Elsa007! I'm glad that you like the story. Well I am waiting for your upcoming book/film you're going to make which will surely be as lovely as you are!