You voted 5. Total votes: 71

It's a girl!

19
RosemaryM

Since late last year, the British public has been looking forward to the birth of a new royal baby. When Prince George was born, the media was in a frenzy in the lead up to the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's first child. Now, almost two years later, the build up to the latest royal birth has gripped the nation. 

Here in the UK, the newspapers often included special features on what Kate was wearing during her pregnancy; following their publication, the outfits Kate wore sold out quickly. Many people placed bets on whether the newborn would be a boy or a girl. They also bet on which date it would be born, what it would be named and even whether it would be born in the morning or the afternoon! I think it's very silly to bet, as you're likely to lose your money. 

Today, in accordance with tradition, a notice of birth was attached to the railings of Buckingham Palace. The notice simply states that the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to a girl and that they are both in good health. It also bears the signatures of those involved in the delivery of her new child. Lots of people had been gathering around Buckingham Palace and the Lindo Wing (part of St Mary's Hospital, where Kate gave birth) over the past week in anticipation of the event. Many of these people had made signs, decorated with slogans such as "not long to go!", and wore British flags.

The new princess is fourth in line to the throne, after Prince Charles (her grandfather), Prince William (her father) and Prince George (her brother). Her name has not yet been released, but many people think it is likely to be a name with royal connections, such as Charlotte or Alice. In 2013, just before the birth of Prince George, a new law was passed, known as The Succession to the Crown Act. It means that she will maintain her place as fourth in line to the throne, even if Kate and William have another baby boy in the future. In the past, even if a boy had an older sister he would always be entitled to the crown first. The name of the new princess will be announced in the coming days - I hope they pick a nice name!

This afternoon, the BT tower in London displayed a purple banner with the words "it's a girl", whilst the Royal Navy chose to mark the event by spelling out the word "sister" whilst in formation on board the HMS Lancaster. Up and down the country, people will be celebrating the birth of this little girl - which could be considered a rather strange thing to do since the majority of us do not actually know her!

Are you interested in the birth of the royal baby? 

SLMT's picture
SLMT 14 November, 2017 - 07:14

The news of Royal Baby could be seen and heard everwhere. All of the TV channels and newspapers were filled with Royal Baby’s Birth.Almost everyone were interested in this news .I am also one of them.I love Royal Family of UK.Diana is my idmire woman on the world.How it would be great if Diana was still alive.

Mehhrad's picture
Mehhrad 12 August, 2015 - 13:12

i'm not interested in royal family,not at all.
i don't know, why some ppl intrested in? they are just a symbol !!!

patchyplum's picture
patchyplum 5 May, 2015 - 14:23

Yeah a lot.her name's great coz it has one of the most beautiful princesses name in it!Hope she gets her granma' Diana's looks as she grow older!Well.it's a GIRL!!!

RosemaryM's picture
RosemaryM 5 May, 2015 - 07:37

What do you all think of the name (Charlotte Elizabeth Diana) that Kate and William chose? I think it's nice that they used names which are significant to them! 

Elsa007 7 May, 2015 - 09:01

Well, yes it's lovely and all names are significant. On the other hand, in my own instance, I'm a little unsure if I would be very happy if my great-granma and grandma’s names are taken over….. But since she is a princess, and she (people) will be proud of her roots!

hadia 7 May, 2015 - 08:00

Well! I think that this is a very good name which is actually the combination of three royal members. This creates the touch of beauty and elegance which three of them have! Surely , the new royal girl will be as beautiful as her grandmothers were!

Elsa007 6 May, 2015 - 13:25

Wow, it's a very long name, isn't it?! I wonder what nickname she will have...??

Lavender 6 May, 2015 - 17:10

Yeah I think it is. My full name just has 3 words with 9 letters :)))
Maybe their parents call her Lottie or Char for short.

hadia 4 May, 2015 - 15:03

Yeah! I am really interested ...................she looks beautiful and i'm also waiting for her name which would be surely as beautiful as she is!

BUSHHS's picture
BUSHHS 6 May, 2015 - 21:03

#Bekaboosterbob I think that may be you could tell me more. I really dont understand.

jennifer1907's picture
jennifer1907 4 May, 2015 - 13:06

It's great! The new - born princess is so cute. I am very curious to know what is her name. Maybe Diana - as her grandma or Olivia, etc...
Lots of people were waiting for the new princess in front of St Mary hospital. Everyone are very excited for this event. For example: The London-eye turn the light to pink when it is a girl.
I am waiting for the latest news.

HannaMarin's picture
HannaMarin 4 May, 2015 - 12:06

I just left London and Britain when she was born! While I was there I hoped she would be born sooner, that I could see celebrations. But sadly I did't await her birth.
Anyway, I still saw the crowd before the Buckingham Palace waiting for the baby. And there was also a lot of reportage vans.