Let it snow

KatiedeS

I've always loved snow. I grew up in the south of England where it never snowed very often so when it did it was always very exciting! Sometimes it would snow so much all the schools would close and I used to go to the park with my friends and make snowmen and snow angels.

This year I'm living in the south of France where there doesn't seem to be much snow either (even though it's freezing cold at the moment). However, today on my morning bus ride to work I got a surprise. After the bus turned the corner to the village where I work, I was amazed to see the entire village covered in a blanket of snow! It looked truly magical and put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Unfortunately by the time I'd finished work it had all already melted though.

For me, the best thing about snow is the chance to go skiing. I love skiing and used to live in the French Alps over the winter season so I would go every day. There was always lots of snow there and I had to wrap up in big coats, hats, scarves and chunky snow boots. That's one of the best things about winter though - wrapping up warm and playing with your friends in the snow.

Sometimes, it can be quite dangerous and inconvenient, especially when people aren't prepared for it. In the UK, transport is usually badly affected by snowy weather, as airports and most of our cars aren't designed to cope in these conditions. However, it is still so beautiful and gets everyone so excited. Lots of people take the day off work and go outside to enjoy it. January is otherwise quite a dull month since all the Christmas festivities are over, so snow is just what we need to get everyone back in the festive spirit!

Do you ever have snow in your country? 

Manaly's picture
Manaly 21 October, 2016 - 09:56

Unfortunately i don't have snow in my country and didn't get a chance to play in a snowy weather. I would love to build a snowman and skiing one day !

Ran's picture
Ran 26 October, 2016 - 17:48

hi manaly,
you're the same to me. There isn't any snow in my country. And I have a dream of building snowman, playing snow someday
best wishes :))

youaretheonlyone29's picture
youaretheonlyone29 6 March, 2016 - 14:36

In our country, there isn't any snow! There are just 2 seasons: dry and wet, no spring, winter or autumn. I think it's good that there aren't coats or gloves when the weather is really cold :))

Forever_in__dream's picture
Forever_in__dream 31 January, 2016 - 17:28

In my country there is usually snow in the winters. But recently the winters are mild. When I was a child I liked do a snowman that was as tall as a real man. I could create snow caves^^ and imagine that it's my home. I admire snow falling from the sky. It's so magnificent be surrounded by wall of a lot of snowflakes everywhere!

BigBen6464's picture
BigBen6464 28 January, 2016 - 15:11

I live in Montenegro. In my city there isn't any snow. My dad says: It is like California:) But at my grandma and grandad's who live in the north of our country there is snow every year, so we spend whole January there.

Muslimgirl65's picture
Muslimgirl65 27 January, 2016 - 10:28

You can see four season in my country.I am very lucky.When winter is came every place has a lot of snowman.I especially like large-grained snow.While snowing, looking to sky is too enjoyable :)

Ran's picture
Ran 26 January, 2016 - 02:31

what a pity that my country doesn't have snow ever. i want to make snowman as you can. however, my country have flamboyant sunshine in the summer and strong wind in the winter. i love them all because my life have been closed to them