Living alone for the first time

8
MeganBlogger

Four years ago I was living in a boarding house with more than 20 girls, and last year I lived in a uni house with 5 girls. Now I find myself living alone ... There are definitely both advantages and disadvantages to my new living situation!   

Since I’ve lived by myself I can get away with doing things that I couldn’t do when I lived with other people. For example, last week I ate Pringles for breakfast and ice cream for dinner and no one was here to judge me! It also means I can dance as ridiculously and sing as loudly as I want and no one is here to tell me to be quiet or capture these embarrassing moments on camera.

One of the best things about living alone is that I don’t have to deal with annoying habits and messy housemates. I’ve had many different roommates and flatmates and however much I’ve loved (some) of them, everyone does irritating things and not everybody is a tidy person.

Despite these advantages, there are times when I miss living with other people. Firstly, I miss making and eating dinner with others. Secondly, I miss coming home to flatmates and telling them all about my day and hearing about theirs. Finally, and most importantly, I can no longer watch horror films (my favourite genre) because I get too scared by myself!

Do you think you would like to live alone?

catastrophe's picture
catastrophe 9 June, 2017 - 14:02

I don't think I prefer to stay alone, even though it might be fun. Because even though there are a lot of advantages, still we tend to miss the home-like feeling. I know few friends who have lived alone for days, and they used to creep under their bed sheets and blankets in the night expecting monsters-under-the-bed to pop up!!! :)))

ariina's picture
ariina 6 June, 2017 - 13:45

I think first can be scary because I have never experienced it befor but after can be lovely

Sergelen's picture
Sergelen 26 May, 2017 - 09:53

Living alone is not bad things, especially for young people. I have been living alone for a while, since that time I obtained how to live dependent from others.... Being alone is the best way to speak with yourself and conclude about your past !!!.

Sorry420's picture
Sorry420 8 January, 2017 - 20:33

I want to say that I do not like to live alone. If I stay alone I feel boring and time doesn't go very quick. I didn't know how to makea food. That's why I need to stay with other.
I Think Living with more people time is enjoying.

natz's picture
natz 5 January, 2017 - 09:55

i really want to try live alone. because i never do that, my parents never give me permit. even i crying everytime . you have amazing story about this. hope i can be like this someday.

hadia 4 January, 2017 - 13:54

You really seem to enjoy yourself living alone. And yeah, it has ,both, good and not-so-good aspects. But the things you have mentioned are so cool. I would really love try living alone. There's so much you wanna do alone and that can happen only then. Being with a roommate-the one whom you like-is also cool. As you've a great company to enjoy.