Longing for summer

ChloeF

When people ask me what’s my favourite season, I always say I love both summer and winter equally as they’re both completely different seasons; I always love the idea of sitting in front of a warm fire escaping the cold weather outside, but in reality I don’t have a warm fire, and my house is pretty cold, so I definitely think I prefer summer a lot more.

The fact that Christmas is over, which is evidently what most people look forward to in winter, and we’re now in January means that winter is obviously coming to an end, therefore spring and summer are really just around the corner.

In France where I’m currently living, the weather has been pretty mixed, but we’ve had a few really sunny days, which has really made me long for summer. I’ll admit I’m getting pretty fed up with the cold weather, and can’t wait to be walking to work in the sunshine, instead of the cold wind and rain. It’s also true that the sunshine makes you happier, as when I was at university with loads of assignments and exams to do, it never quite felt so bad when the sun was shining.

Summer is also the time when many young people often make plans to travel and go on holiday, which I’m hoping to do this year. Many also like attending festivals, whether in the UK or abroad, which is undoubtedly why many of us long for this season each year.

The fact that the days are getting longer and the nights shorter, means summer will be upon us before we know it. I have to keep reminding myself that it won’t be long until I’m sunbathing in a foreign country (you can’t rely on British weather), enjoying an ice-cream on the beach or just generally making the most of the summer season. Before we know it we’ll be reminiscing over what we did this summer, but let’s not think that far ahead!

What's your favourite time of year? 

kaniza's picture
kaniza 7 May, 2017 - 17:38

My favourite time of year is spring because the insects have laid their eggs on plants, the birds are singing and the sun is shining. Last but not least, in spring my cats usually play happily in the garden. I love watching them in the long grass.

mleonelc's picture
mleonelc 6 June, 2015 - 18:00

I like winter. Because.. I love cloudy days :)
I think summer is the best season for holidays.

Katniss17's picture
Katniss17 9 May, 2015 - 11:28

My favourite time of the year is autumn because I think is the most poetic of the seasons.

Elsa007 5 April, 2015 - 14:43

Every season is beautiful in its own way, but summer picks me up, so to speak. :-)