Memories and scrapbooks

12
TeresaC

I have always loved buying postcards, keeping old train tickets and taking lots of photographs, but I’ve never been very good at keeping track of where everything has come from! I am currently spending a year in the south of France, and, just before I left home, my sister bought me a scrapbook. She told me to write in it as often as possible, and to stick down those old train tickets that I usually lose!!

Now, I am not usually very good at being organised, but I have to confess that I have absolutely loved having a scrapbook! I’ve been very faithful to my promise to my sister - I’ve written in it nearly every day, and have stuck into it all my souvenirs - from postcards, to leaflets and even letters that my friends from home have sent to me! Any time anything funny happens - such as on my first day in France, when I heard an old lady say ‘oooh la la’, and when the man who signed me up to my internet contract read my passport wrong and wrote my first name as my nationality, so I was ‘Miss British’ - I write it down to laugh at later!

Everyone who has spent a year abroad has told me that this year is going to be one of the best years of my life, and, even though it is just the beginning, it truly is! I’m really glad that I’ve kept this scrapbook so that I can remember everything!

Have you ever kept a scrapbook? How do you look after your memories?

No, I'am not having a scrapbook but i keep my memories by writing diary. I have many diaries and i save and collect my pictures of different occasions and paste it there. i have a record of my all happy and sad moments in my diary. It's my best friend!

iva16 14 January, 2015 - 19:22

I have kept a scrapbook.I have so much good moments with my friends from my class .I will remember this moments to the rest of my life.

hanies1904's picture
hanies1904 26 October, 2014 - 02:40

I've kept a smash book, it's look like a scrapbook so I called it " scrash book ". I use it to keep my memories at school. It looks very messy now.

justcricketforme 14 March, 2014 - 13:35

Yes, I have. I've kept one for cricket. It's got all my cricketing and supporting memories. Keeping one is fun and useful.

MALINE 16 February, 2014 - 19:28

I´ve kept a diary for a short time and I paste on it tickets or cards,I just write down important things.

Bosnianchild's picture
Bosnianchild 17 November, 2013 - 16:10

No, I do not kept a scrapbook because I don't have free time, but I have written my diary. It is interesting.

Natalija 6 November, 2013 - 14:30

Yes, I've kept a scrapbook whole my life, it's so interesting. I like collecting photos, souvenirs and stuff like that, and scrapbooks are really good for collecting it. And it will be so interesting to look at them when you get older.

TeresaC's picture
TeresaC 10 November, 2013 - 16:00

Hi Natalija! I'm glad we share the same interest of keeping a scrapbook! How long have you kept one? And how often do you write in yours? I love looking back and remembering all the good times I've had.