Moments of true happiness

6
MeganBlogger

For three weeks this summer I decided to leave the hustle and bustle of London to experience a completely new adventure in Costa Rica. For the first two weeks I lived with a local family in the capital, San José, whilst volunteering as an English teacher for adults. I spent my last week on the Pacific coast in a town called Quepos, a short bus journey from the beach where I surfed every day.

Whilst I was in Costa Rica, I saw many beautiful places and did some amazing things. In one weekend I did a zip-lining tour through a jungle and visited a volcano and several stunning waterfalls. During my final week I visited Manuel Antonio National Park several times and saw sloths, iguanas and plenty of monkeys (who love to steal people’s belongings).

Even though I have countless memories from the trip, there are a few which I will never be able to forget. I like to call these memories moments of true happiness. I define these as moments when my mind completely lets go of all worries and problems and replaces them with a feeling of complete happiness.

The first time this happened in Costa Rica was when I went zip-lining. The final zip-wire was called the ‘superman wire’. On this wire, you wear a full-body harness and you travel horizontally, instead of in a sitting-up position. For a couple of minutes I felt like I was flying and I could see the beautiful jungle beneath me.

It happened again during one of my surf lessons. I had fallen off many times, but finally I managed to catch a wave with no help from the instructors. It felt incredible!

The final time it happened was at the end of an afternoon of hiking. It was a really hot day and I had been walking all the different hiking trails in the National Park. After a while I stopped at one of the beaches, buried my bag so the monkeys couldn’t steal it and ran into the water to cool off. It was the best feeling!

Have you had any moments of true happiness? Describe them!

Leraket's picture
Leraket 9 December, 2016 - 17:31

I had moments of true happiness when I spent my holidays in the country or the sea or other cities .I like Kiev and Odessa because they are very exciting places when you see many interesting places and you can see a Black Sea. Ukrane is a very magnificient counrty because there I see interesting places: history architecture, ukrainian restaurants,museumsand opera theatres!!!

Leraket's picture
Leraket 2 December, 2016 - 17:22

Yes,I had any moments of true happiness when I visited incredible country Lithuania!!! I saw many beautiful places and the capital of Lithuania- Vilnius!!! It is amazing old city with medieval architectural monuments!!!

gianggiang 11 November, 2016 - 12:16

I have a lot of small but true happiness, I treasure every moment.
Moments of happiness are when:
+) I finish my homework earlier than plan, so I have more free time.
+) I find out a mistake in a test and have enough time to correct ( Phew !)
+) For some reasons, my teacher come to class some minutes later than usual and I have enough time to take a look at and review old lessons in case of being asked.
+) I listen carefully and catch on what the teacher want to convey in a Literature class.
+) I suss out and can differentiate two confusing definitions in a Philosophy class.
+) I have enough free time to watch video lessons on my favorite channel.
+) I knew that a new bridge had been built so that children living in mountainous areas can go to school more easily.
Above all, my moment of true happiness is when I know that each day I have something new and interesting to learn, a new dream to cherish, a new target to aim at and more opportunities to improve myself and help community.

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 11 November, 2016 - 09:59

In my opinion, Moments of true happiness can happen when you feel nature. Enjoying the beauties of nature and flowing your soul and body with the harmony of nature will give me a true happiness. And travelling to different places can give the priceless experiences and true happiness.I love to travel different places. I want to travel not only to places in our country but also around the world. But I have not had a chance to travel to different places,....including even the places in our country. This is so sad for me. :''(

gianggiang 19 November, 2016 - 15:19

Me too :)
I live in the North and have never visited the South of my country, have never have chances to see snow in Sapa, have never been experienced in running in sand hills in Binh Thuan, have never seen pearls and sarafi parks in Phu Quoc island, have never seen sheep running in pasture in Ninh Thuan, have never visited the biggest pagoda in South East Asia in Ninh Binh, have never pray in big church in Ho Chi Minh city......But we can read books and search on the internet to know more about places that we love :)) and then imagine and feel ")))
In life, there are many things that although we have never seen them in real life, but we still know about them clearly through books, films, news.....

By, the way, I have never met the Queen of England and royal family, but I read a lot about her.......guess what, William prince paid a visit to Vietnam two day ago :D

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 20 November, 2016 - 05:00

Yes, we can know much about places that we love from books and TV although we have never been to. But, as you know, travelling to those places can give you priceless experiences that you will hardly forget in the rest of your life. And the feeling when you see the landscapes and scenes vividly that you saw and imagined only from books,TV and internet will be amazingly awesome! So, I prefer travelling. :)
By the way, you are lucky to meet such a coincidence. :D I'm happy for you. Did William prince visited to your city?