A New Pet

20
LucianaR

Can you imagine anything better than having your own little pet to play with all the time? That’s what I thought when my flat-mates and I got a pet cat!

He arrived on a Wednesday, a little black and white bundle of fur, small enough to fit in one hand! Someone had found him in the street and thought he was too young to look after himself so had asked us to look after him.

As I live in France, we wanted to give him a really French name so we named him Maurice, Momo for short. He is a very happy little cat, always purring and very friendly! The problem came when he wanted to go to the toilet …

We had bought a cat litter tray but didn’t know how to make him use it!! So each time we thought he might go to the toilet, we picked him up and put him in the tray. Eventually he understood, but after a few accidents! We then decided that the smell was too bad to let him go to the toilet in the house all of the time so we trained him to go outside. However, as we don’t have a cat flap and the cat can’t open the door on his own, we had to develop a system. It worked perfectly and now Momo taps on the back door to get out, and when he’s finished running around the garden and trying to chase the birds he taps on the door again to get back in!

A few months on, the system works all of the time! He taps on bedroom doors when he wants to go in and out, and even on the cupboard where his food is when he’s hungry! He’s the best cat ever!! 

Have you got any pets? What would be your ideal pet?

onefromdenmark's picture
onefromdenmark 22 June, 2017 - 09:15

In my family we have a black dog and three cats.
But i do not have my own pet!
I love horses, so i think that a horse would be perfect for me.

iva10 19 August, 2015 - 16:48

No i haven't got a pet but an ideal pet would someony who fits my personality.Like an snake or an egal or even an lizard.

iva10 14 June, 2015 - 13:02

No I don't have a pet, but we've had a dog for a half of the day then we had five turtls and two cats. The turtle goed because of my brother .a snake would be frithend of him

learningenglish282's picture
learningenglish282 20 January, 2014 - 04:32

Yes I have a bird. I wish i could bring him along when i immigrate to Canada. Now he lives with my aunt. He is the best bird ever! I miss him so much. He can fly and stand on my arm, he also follows me like a chicken. I have mentioned him in the article "The garden".

ellen's picture
ellen 17 January, 2014 - 15:10

Oh my Gog> ..................................
It is very beautiful. I adore it................
I have got cat and dog..
My cat it's only one year old, but it is not big.
but my dog, it is very big.

Natalija 17 January, 2014 - 13:45

Yes, I have a cat. <3 I love it so much, it's only 6 months old, my Mom got me it for birthday. I think cat is an ideal pet, because it's so pretty, sweet and because I adore cats.

serap's picture
serap 16 January, 2014 - 14:59

Yes, I have a pet-I've got a budgerigar. It's lovely! But I haven't gottan it to talk yet. But I love it so much. It's so cute-it's got yellow feather.

Niluh 16 January, 2014 - 11:19

I used to have a pet, when i was in elementary school i've got a dog the name is Molly. She was really cute and curious, it was funny to see her while she was taking a bath. But, she wasn't being with us anymore, she got hit by motorcycle.
I love cat and rabbit, i think they're cute and make wonderful pet.