Summer? In February?

BridgetM

It’s a beautiful sunny day today so I’m making the most of it! It’s only February but because I’m from Scotland, this may well be the last time I see the sun until next year! Yes, I am being serious.

Scotland is famous for its horrible weather – always cold and rainy and just simply miserable! My hometown was actually once voted “The Wettest Place in Britain” and has flooded several times! Imagine living in the single wettest place of your entire country, how awful would that be? It’s no surprise all Scots are so pale and prone to sunburn, we’re just not used to that big, burning ball of fire in the sky!

Luckily though, I’m spending this year abroad! I’ve seen the sun more times this week than I have in my entire lifetime back home in Scotland, and I am not complaining! I adore the sunshine! I love the heat it gives out and how happy it makes me! I know it’s only February but it feels like the middle of summer! You simply can’t beat walking around town with no coat; instead you walk around with a smart pair of sunglasses, your favourite summer songs in your ear and your brightest smile stretching across your face!

Of course, by swapping the long sleeves for a lovely pair of sunglasses, you will be subject to gasps, double-takes and even straight-up staring from the locals, who stubbornly still wrap up in their woollen hats and scarves! Even in such gorgeous weather they dress for the season, not for the day! Well never mind them - so long as you are happy and feeling great in the sunshine, then carry on and let them stare! 

What's the weather like today where you live? Do you dress for the season or for the actual weather of the day?

sona's picture
sona 7 January, 2016 - 18:11

Today in my country was very rainy and cloudy, Yesterday the weather was good,the sun was shining in the blue sky and the temperatures was high. Strangely,today the dark clouds decided to invade the sky and to fight with the sun. Unforteanly,the battle was won by the clouds and it have been raining all the day.(it sounds literary,doesn't it.) I always dress for the actual weather of the day,so I did this even today/

MALINE 14 June, 2014 - 16:58

These days have been a little crazy because in the morning is chill,at mid day the sun burns and in the evening its raining!,so we have to wear a jacket,a hat and an umbrella!
That sounds crazy right?

sdkt's picture
sdkt 23 March, 2014 - 20:57

ı ive in ısparta and the climate is changeable.You can not guess which dress you should wear or not ?
some times ı wear raincoat but sun is rise immediatly. the weather become hot. sometimes three kind of climates happen for a year.sometimes it rainy and become (it snowy...) .guess how is awful.

justcricketforme 5 March, 2014 - 10:43

It's chilly here since there has been rain, a lot of rain! Last time in March all our sweaters, blankets and warm clothes were put in but this time, you can't sleep without two blankets at night and go out without a sweater! Climate has changed.

dzeni 3 March, 2014 - 12:07

Athough yesterday was rainy and cold, today is very sunny and warm. I always dress for the actual weather of the day.

Niluh 2 March, 2014 - 13:00

My city's weather is rainy right now, even though sometimes it's sunny too. In Tuesday it was raining all day, i came to school with wet uniform and just wore flip-flop, but today is sunny day!
Yes, of course. I usually wear a jacket, rain coat and a pair of flip-flop when it's raining, there are lots of puddles and i have to go through floods with my flip-flop. My dad has to be careful too when he takes me to school because there are a lot of holes due to rain.