Travelling alone

9
EmilyH2

So after travelling many times with friends or parents, I have only ever gone for day trips on my own.  Last weekend however I went alone to Verona, Italy for a long weekend and it was the best experience ever.  I travelled by train and checked into my B&B before exploring the beautiful town.  I went out for dinner on my own, at first a bit daunting, however it meant I could people watch and take in the atmosphere of the lovely pizzeria.  Afterwards, I allowed myself to wander around the town and enjoy the atmosphere.

The next day I walked around the Arena by myself, I walked along the high street, went to the famous Juliet's Balcony, strolled by the river, climbed up a hill to the castle, walked through the Piazze and went to the Castelvecchio.  The next day I went to Lake Garda and had a nice walk around the edge of the Lake and took lovely pictures, I then read a book and sat in the sun for a few hours!

I had a really amazing time and the best thing about travelling alone is that you can be selfish and do exactly what you want to do when you want to do it.  If you're hungry you can eat, if you want to visit somewhere you can, if you want to go in a shop you can, if you want to spend hours taking photos you can! The magic is that nobody can stop you and you are in control of your day and your fun! The hard part is organising it all by yourself, but it is worth it!  My advice is to take the opportunity to travel alone at some point and as long as you stay safe you will have an amazing time!

Would you like to travel alone or would you prefer to go with friends or family? 

Forever_in__dream's picture
Forever_in__dream 7 February, 2016 - 19:06

Probably, I can't decide what's better: travel alone or with somebody. That's because every side has its advantages and disadvantages. Sometimes I like to be alone and discover new place myself. It's a great opportunity to go where you want and do what you want. I totally agree with you. You enjoy your trip, you can dream and nobody can bother you. But travelling with friends or parents is very funny. You spend time together and it's wonderful! I often travel with my parents, 2 years ago me and my classmates went to St.Petersburg. It was amazing trip! We really had fun! We took a lot of beautiful photos. I look forward to summer vacation to travel with my family to new places!

I will go with Both! travelling with friends and family are two different way of travelling. I have only gone alone with my friends only on school trips and really we had an amazing time there. travelling with family is having its own fun. I feel very happy whenever I went out with my family I really feel very comfortable and we have a lot of fun! I also hang out with my cousins at late night even . we drive the car and go out for having dinner or shopping............... it's a great fun!

Elsa007 20 March, 2015 - 15:46

I totally agree with Emily! Basically I'd like to travel alone but sometimes I'd like to go with somebody!

telldili's picture
telldili 6 March, 2015 - 03:58

Last year, my relatives scolded me and told me to go away. I was very sad and decided to take a bus direct to my home, It was too dark and dangerous for a little teenager like me to go alone. At that time, my cell phone went wrong, it seemed to have problems with battery.,.. However, on that day, Thank Gods! I met a woman who asked where I was going... I cried and explained. She gifted me a lift without any costs. I came home safely. But, I regret not saying any thanks to her. Now I want to find her to express how I appreciate her help.

ISA0702's picture
ISA0702 13 February, 2015 - 15:05

Both.It would be fun if I could travel alone,I've never tried it before.When I was primary student,I joined some sorts of exchanging programme.That was really fun,stayed with my friend and being nutcases.Lol.In conclusion,it's fine whether you travel on your own or with friends,enjoy the journey is the main point

Silvermist's picture
Silvermist 3 February, 2015 - 16:05

Both. But sometimes traveling with friends is much fun. It's flickering awesome! Jokes and laughter.........Triple fun. A trip with the family is a bit silenced fun. So I prefer traveling with my friends.

sona's picture
sona 2 February, 2015 - 19:36

I would prefer to go with friends or family because I feel happier than being alone. I 'm safe and I can talk,tell jokes and I feel more comfortable.

famz97's picture
famz97 28 January, 2015 - 08:09

Yeah, I think I got some pleasure if I traveling alone but sometimes I think about safety and feel lonely because I haven't friend for share joy and sorrow while traveling...