Travelling – never a waste of money

2
JuliaBlogger2017

Recently I was watching a stand-up comedy sketch by a comedian called Trevor Noah, a mixed-race comedian from South Africa who often discusses important topics such as discrimination and racism. I was extremely impressed with his performance. The part which struck me the most was his advice about travelling. He said, ‘The one thing you will never waste your money on is travelling. It is the antidote to ignorance.’ In my opinion this statement should be everyone’s life motto.

This year I’ve had the opportunity to do a lot of travelling around Europe and it has shown me first hand how much you can learn and develop by visiting different places. It is so wonderful to be able to go to a different country, listen to the different languages, try local food and experience the different culture. It’s never good to live in a bubble, and travelling allows you to step out of your comfort zone.

I’ve personally noticed how different I am since I started exploring more. Travelling has made me so much more confident and independent. It involves being able to find good train or plane tickets, getting yourself to the airport, not to mention trying to find your way around a brand new city. Whilst it can be scary at first, after a few trips you realise that Google Maps is your best friend and it really isn’t that difficult to figure out public transport. Travelling also helps you develop your organisation skills! It is essential to figure out how to get to different tourist attractions and plan your time wisely. However, it is also nice to be spontaneous and learn to relax. On top of that, hostels (which are the best and cheapest accommodation) are a great way to meet new people from all around the world. It is fantastic when young people from different parts of the world come together; I’ve met so many strange and wonderful people this way.

So my advice: try and travel as much as possible, because the experiences you will gain from travelling can’t be taught at school and they will change your life.

Topics: 

What do you think the best part of travelling is? What countries are you looking forward to visiting?

ShadowHunter's picture
ShadowHunter 2 April, 2018 - 04:16

I love traveling. I thing the best part is discovering new cultures, languages,traditions and people.
I' m going bak to Ireland this year and I want to visit Italy and Fiji.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 6 February, 2018 - 18:17

Exciting.This topic makes my heart beat faster.I’m the super fan of traveling.The best part of traveling is learning other countries,their language and culture.Most exciting one for me is their local food .Trying local foods is the must item of traveling.I don’t like to spend my money on hotel .I always choose hostel where I can get many good friends.I take almost 6 months to prepare a trip.That’s why I can get a cheap air ticket :) These days,I’m preparing for my upcoming trip to Thailand in March.I can’t wait anymore.I’m dying to go there .