A trip to a new city!

7
TaylaBlogger

I love visiting new cities and seeing all of the famous tourist sights. Recently, I visited the German city of Leipzig. My trip was amazing! Leipzig is quite a big city, and there’s so much to do and see. These are the top three places I visited in the city …

1. The Museum of Fine Arts

Sometimes art museums can be a little bit boring but I really enjoyed my visit to Leipzig’s Museum of Fine Arts. You can see lots of different types of artwork there – from pieces that are over 400 years old to modern art! I loved learning about different artists from across the ages. It was definitely a cool way to spend a rainy afternoon in the city!

2. The St Nicholas Church

This is a church with a very interesting past. The church has connections to both famous musicians and important political protests. I had heard a lot about this history, so it was amazing to finally visit the church in person. I was really impressed! Inside, there were beautiful paintings on the wall and the atmosphere was very peaceful.

3. Leizpig Zoo

In my opinion, Leipzig has one of the best zoos in the world! The zoo is huge, and there are so many different animals – including tigers, elephants and even koalas! The best part of the zoo is the safari area. There’s a real, flowing river and you can travel down it on a boat. It was so cool! I’d love to visit Leipzig Zoo again one day …

As you can see, there are some pretty cool tourist sights in Leipzig! If you ever visit this city, I would definitely recommend coming to all three of these places.

What do you like to do when you explore a new city? Which city would you like to visit?

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 23 October, 2017 - 03:40

When I explore a new city, I like to try street food and explore the citizens' daily life. I like to go to the museums and discover the history and culture of that city. I also like to try new local foods and I hope I can learn their tradition and culture from those dishes. And I like to go on foot or go by bicycle along the streets of the town so I can fully discover the beauty and secrets of town. And it is fun,isn't it? :D Well,to say about the city I would like to visit,...Hmm I can't tell bcoz I wanna travel around the world! ;)

alexis_tasillo's picture
-2x
alexis_tasillo 16 August, 2017 - 16:47

Before visiting a city, I'm looking for the places to visit and after I make a choice according to which I would absolutely see for organizing my day.
I would like to visit the island of Kos in Greece because I prefer the beautiful landscapes to the museum.

Kahina's picture
Kahina 29 July, 2017 - 10:57

When I'm exploring a new city,I like walking on street for discover the secret of the town,visiting museums ,looking the architecture and drinking something on a terrace of a cofe.

SLMT's picture
SLMT 9 June, 2017 - 19:51

I'd like to go to historical places,tourist attractions and places where I can touch with nature when I explore a new city.U also need to go to night market to learn their culture.It's so important to meet and communicate with local people too.
Hmmh.....It's so difficult to answer this question for me.I would like to go to England,Paris,Peru,Switzerland and Bali.Big Ben in England,Eiffel Tower in Paris,Machu Picchu in Peru,Mounts Alps in Switzerland and Gili Islands in Bali. I want to go to all of them.I wish I could have a 6 months vacation twice a year :D