Why is it important to travel?

9
SophiaBlogger

I love travelling, but it hasn't always been my passion. In my first year of university, I started to travel during the holidays. During the Christmas holiday I went to Paris, and during the spring vacation, I visited Athens and various cities in Italy – I was very excited because this was the first time I had travelled abroad with just my friends. This desire to travel started off simply as a way to have something to look forward to after exams, but I soon discovered how important it is to travel.

On my travels I have had the opportunity to not only experience new and vibrant cultures through the art, history, language and food, but I have also had the chance to interact with people who have different outlooks on life. Travelling is a learning experience for both oneself and also the people you encounter. Some people I met during my travels had never heard of the Gambia and it was very gratifying to share my African roots with them. When you travel you will meet people who have different cultural backgrounds and as a result, sometimes your own ideas and opinions might be challenged. It's important to learn to see things from other people's perspectives and to challenge your own preconceptions. 

This is how I realised that travelling is the realisation of home. When you travel you are exposed to a different setting, a different language and a different way of living. All these elements, mixed with a new and exciting adventure, make you realise your own home. Not just the physical location of home, but also your way of life and your outlook.

Travelling is truly an enriching experience and I am always excited for the discoveries that await me in my next adventure! 

Where have you travelled to? Do you like travelling? Why or why not? Where would you like to travel? 

Sergelen's picture
Sergelen 26 May, 2017 - 10:16

I am planning to travel before I get older from now. In order to open my eyes and broad my mind, touring is very useful for us .! Let us travel guys !!!

Eingyin's picture
Eingyin 11 January, 2017 - 02:28

I'm a lover of travelling!Travel brings us lots of fantastic adventures and wealth of knowledge in terms of different culture ,language,attractive costumes and historical background so that we can keep our eyes and ears open and have a contact with different regional residents wearing heart-warming smiles with hospitality and kindness as well.Up to now,I've travelled lots of my interesting local cities and tourist destinations since my childhood.If possible,I'd like travel around the world especially the famous places on the earth in order to enjoy the breathtaking views and stunning landscapes and perceive the different cultural knowledge

hadia 28 May, 2017 - 07:51

You're so lucky to travel so many different places at such a young age.
I love traveling too. And would love to visit the seven wonders of the world. ;)

Aliceinthewonderland's picture
Aliceinthewonderland 5 January, 2017 - 11:06

I love travelling! Especially Korea, Australia, London. Travelling is the best way to communicate with different people and learn their culture. Travelling can help to relax yourself and having fun, so I like travelling around the world.:)

logloglog's picture
logloglog 30 December, 2016 - 04:21

I love travelling because of some reasons:
First, I need the time to relax, discover the new land
secondly, it helps me to open my eyes, open my mind and the knowledge about the people, beautiful prospects around it.
last but not least, travelling is very fun especially with my girl friend or my family
but I also have the concerns such as:
it can be costly if I take a long trip and go to the famous destinations
I don't have more time, money as well
it will be perfect if it is a trip with my most lovely person

princessalexa's picture
princessalexa 25 December, 2016 - 10:47

I haven't travelled abroad but I have travelled to many cities in my country.I love travelling. There are many things for me to study.Not only the language but also customs may be different.It's interesting when you're travelling to meet new friends, new things.

hadia 19 December, 2016 - 14:02

Yeah, travelling opens new horizons for different cultures. It's the best way to interact and get to know about different cultures. I love traveling. This Saturday, we are going for a recreational trip organized by our College. I am getting crazy by just thinking about the fun and excitement we'll be having there. :D
Yayyyy!!!!!