A wonderful city

17
CatrionaL

I was lucky enough to take a short trip to Warsaw, the capital of Poland, a few days ago and it was such a great city to visit. When my friends and I first organised the trip we were not sure what to expect! Warsaw is a hidden gem of Europe and is not usually within the favourite destinations for a short city break. Warsaw has such a rich history and there are so many things to see and do. I'll share with you just a few great things about this wonderful city. 

The first thing that I love is the architecture. It is a strange mix between old and new. Sadly most of the historic centre was destroyed during the World War Two bombings; all the important buildings have been rebuilt in their original state but with newer materials. The builders involved in the reconstruction of the the city were very conscious of remaining historically accurate and workers had to take an exam about the history of the buildings before they were employed. In Warsaw there can be a building that is 200 years old next to a building that is 50 years old, Warsaw has a really unique style. Another great thing about Warsaw is the green open space. There are lots of lovely parks and gardens. My favourite park was called Park Lazienki; there is a grand royal palace and long green lawns and tulip gardens. It's a great place for a bike ride. The last thing that I really loved about Warsaw was the people. They are so welcoming and they really love their culture. The food and drink specialities are great. I loved their traditional dish of potato dumplings.

I am very glad that my friends and I got to visit and appreciate such a vibrant and beautiful city! Warsaw is a hidden gem in Europe for sure.

Have you ever visited Warsaw? If not, would you like to? 

hadia 30 October, 2016 - 03:55

Hi sanpai!
True!
"Even the expensive luxuries of the world can not rival the comfort that nature gives us."
Simpler is better and indeed Nature is far more beautiful than we may think.
Sanpai, I really loved the way you described it. Your expression is Quotable. ;)
Stay blessed;)

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 30 October, 2016 - 07:58

Really thank you, hadia! :D You are a absolutely good friend who makes me more self confident.....
Stay blessed too and thanks a looooot again, hadia <3 <3 <3

hadia 7 November, 2016 - 15:12

Thanks Sanpai. All the friends I have made here are amazing and they just help me a lot in improving my language skills. I have learnt a lot so far. And there's much more to go for. And I am glad that I have u people around me to help me out. I may not frequently comment but I always try to at least read out all other's comments and Blogs here.
Thanks again.

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 28 October, 2016 - 04:19

I have never visited Warsaw. When I read CartrionaL's post, I want to visit there right now! According to her post, that city will be a great place to visit, I think. I love to taste different food of different cultures and I love to run and, lie down and watch the white clouds with blue background on the green open space so that city will give me pleasure.

hadia 28 October, 2016 - 16:36

The charming site of floating clouds and the wind patting them is so blissful. And it's just so peaceful to be enveloped by the green tablelands and murmuring brooks. They really give a pure, serene and tranquil feeling. I love that kind of place too, Sanpai ;).

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 29 October, 2016 - 04:33

Yes, you are quite right, hadia ;D Well, the pleasure which the nature gives us is the most comfortable and blessed thing, I think. I am sure even the most expensive luxuries in the world cannot rival the the comfort that the nature gives us. I am sure I would prefer lying down on the green grass and watching up the blue sky and enjoying the blessed natural beauty around me more than sticking around the luxuries.

Patri's picture
Patri 8 August, 2016 - 18:15

Really. this is one of the most beautiful and vibrant cities in Europe. I have never visited yet the capital of Poland, but I would glad to do it.

viendongthap123's picture
viendongthap123 11 July, 2016 - 06:32

I live in Vietnam. My country have many beautiful place as Poland. It are very historic. The Viet Nam people always welcome any one.

hadia 3 July, 2016 - 08:57

YEah! I would love to visit it. Just like Warsaw, here in Pakistan ( Lahore) There are historical places too that are wroth visiting. Tourists from all over the world come here. Especially to have a look at The Mughals' Architecture. They are just wonderful. Although they are hundreds of years old but they are just simply magnificent.
Warsaw also seems wonderful. Such places of historic importance are really intriguing for me. I love to see them. It would be a great trip to visit Warsaw.

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 28 October, 2016 - 04:09

Hi Hadia! I'm so happy to see you again! Long time no see, my friend :) I hope you will remember me. :D

hadia 28 October, 2016 - 16:32

Hey there lovely Sanpai!!
I'm glad you missed me. I missed you and everyone too ;) It's just my hectic routine and extras....Well...what about you. ;) I hope you are doing well. ;)

sanpai28's picture
sanpai28 29 October, 2016 - 04:52

I'm totally the same with you, hadia. :) I cannot get out from these busy routines and school works like you.:D Thanks for your care,my lovely friend...<3

sooom's picture
sooom 22 June, 2016 - 00:04

I was born in Poland, but currently I live in the UK. I've never been to Warsaw, actually I don't know why. I think the reason is because Warsaw was far away from my city. I've heard a lot of good things about this capitol. And I absolutely sure I'll visit Warsaw soon.