When you are learning a foreign language one of the hardest things to grasp is how and when to use colloquial idioms and expressions. Often used in both spoken and written language these idiomatic...
9
A lot of the time when I reveal to my French friends that I am a vegetarian, a look of horror comes over their faces! ‘What do you eat?’ they ask me. ‘You must be so hungry!’ It has been fascinating...
6
One of the hardest parts of living abroad is being away from your loved ones, especially your family. While my friends are so important to me, I’ve personally found it more difficult being away from...
3
Oddly, when you’re on your year abroad, keeping up with essential language learning tasks like grammar practice or memorising vocabulary can fall by the wayside. I spend most of my days teaching...
1
What to say about Naples? After having been living in Italy for a couple of months, I felt like I had got the hang of living here. However Naples has thrown that idea completely out the window! My...
By: CleaG
Ever since arriving in South America, I have been constantly comparing their esteemed empanada to the British version that I am so familiar with: the Cornish pasty. So far, I have found the pasty...
5