Wednesday, 17 January, 2018 - 10:11
0

Basel is often referred to as the cultural capital of Switzerland, but what exactly can you do in this Swiss city?

1. The Rhein

Monday, 15 January, 2018 - 09:27
2

Everyone loves travelling, right? Unfortunately, depending on where you want to go, money can sometimes be a problem … but not if you’re prepared.

Monday, 15 January, 2018 - 09:17
0
Around the world, many people come together on 31st December to celebrate the coming of the New Year. In Scotland, this is a very important occasion, which is called 'Hogmanay'.
Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:44
3

Spending Christmas in a foreign country can be a truly eye-opening experience, especially since it’s easy to assume that as a worldwide festivity, most countries probably celebrate in a fairly simi

Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:39
2

One of the first things I did when I moved to my new city was hire a bike. Why?

Friday, 15 December, 2017 - 13:38
0

During my third year of university, I spent six months studying in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Many are apprehensive about travelling to Rio but I can assure you it is worth a visit.

Monday, 4 December, 2017 - 09:24
0

It was a typically cold and damp night in Manchester where I had recently started my undergraduate degree in English And American literature in 2009.

Monday, 4 December, 2017 - 09:18
1

In this blog post I'll tell you all about the Scottish legend of the kelpie, a spirit water-horse.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:53
5

It’s interesting to have a chance to teach English abroad because you get to see a completely different education system from the one you experienced.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:40
0

Moving to a foreign country is an amazing, life-changing experience. It’s an opportunity to meet new people, immerse yourself in a different culture and possibly learn another language.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:24
1

Moving to a new place – in my case, a new country – is always daunting. However, make the most of the resource right at your fingertips: your mobile phone.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 08:08
0

Now, I consider myself reasonably well travelled within Spain. I have visited a good number of Spanish cities and each has been beautiful.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 07:49
2

There’s no denying that learning a foreign language is difficult, and when it comes to speaking in the language, it can be extremely daunting.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 15:35
2

Here's an imaginary question for you: would you rather (a) leave your home country and never be allowed to return, or (b) never leave your home country ever again?

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 14:52
0

Martinique is a small island tucked away in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 12:27
2

At the end of August this year I moved from London, UK, to a small town in Quebec, Canada, called Matane to work as an English language assistant.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 11:43
0

If you’d told me a year ago that I’d soon be living in a city with a pleasantly hot climate all year round, I imagine I’d have been overjoyed at the prospect of leaving the gloomy weather of my ho

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 10:57
0

Bank holidays … we all love them. In the UK, we only get eight bank holidays in one year, and at least five of those occur around Christmas time and Easter time!

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 10:30
0

France is world famous for its delicious baking. If you love bread, you can find a bakery or, as the French call it, a boulangerie, on almost every street corner.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 08:38
0

When most people think of Ireland, they immediately picture the beautiful sights and bustling city of Dublin and the south, and, although Dublin is lovely, I’m going to tell you why you should go

Subscribe to Life around the world