Monday, 16 January, 2017 - 08:02
2

No matter how far you’ve travelled, or for how long, there’s always something special about coming home.

Friday, 13 January, 2017 - 11:47
1

The turkey is long gone, presents unwrapped and the only bit of food left is the unwanted Christmas cake you spent so long making, or so much money buying.

Thursday, 12 January, 2017 - 14:07
3

There's something about living abroad that makes a complete fool out of me. Is it because of the language barrier? The difference in culture? Or am I just ridiculously clumsy?

Tuesday, 10 January, 2017 - 16:11
4

New Year is a time when many people make resolutions or set goals for the year ahead.

Tuesday, 10 January, 2017 - 16:09
2

At the beginning of every new year, it is very typical to make News Year's resolutions. Mostly they concern areas to try something new in or try harder.

Monday, 9 January, 2017 - 15:07
3

Since I've been living abroad, many different people have asked me to name typical British dishes. I have, however, struggled to think of an answer. Yes, we do have our own national dishes.

Monday, 2 January, 2017 - 14:43
7

So I’m coming to the end of my first semester in Italy, and I couldn’t be happier.

Monday, 2 January, 2017 - 14:42
3

Four years ago I was living in a boarding house with more than 20 girls, and last year I lived in a uni house with 5 girls. Now I find myself living alone ...

Monday, 2 January, 2017 - 14:42
2

Food, glorious food! Eating local cuisine is an important part of any trip abroad. Sampling a country’s delicacies can help you understand its culture, its customs and its people.  However, when

Monday, 2 January, 2017 - 14:40
1

When it comes to the UK, London likes to steal all the attention. Yes, yes, I know: it's a great city with lots of culture and sights to see.

Monday, 2 January, 2017 - 14:39
2

Christmas is generally considered to be a time for tradition – people do the same things every single year, and they love the familiarity of the festive season.

Tuesday, 20 December, 2016 - 08:10
5

Christmas is a time for relaxing, having fun and spending time with family and friends. However, for many of us, it is also spent revising for January exams.

Monday, 19 December, 2016 - 11:40
7

I love travelling, but it hasn't always been my passion. In my first year of university, I started to travel during the holidays.

Monday, 19 December, 2016 - 11:05
3

Maybe you’ve just started learning a new language. Maybe you've been studying to pass exams or to get the job you want in the future.

Friday, 16 December, 2016 - 16:03
2

New Year's Eve is a different time for everybody all around the world.

Friday, 16 December, 2016 - 15:29
0

A very traditional thing that accompanies a typical English Christmas dinner is the Christmas cracker. So what exactly is a Christmas cracker? Something you crack at Christmas, literally!

Friday, 16 December, 2016 - 15:28
0

Christmas is a popular holiday in both Italy, where I live now, and the United Kingdom, where I am from. However, this doesn’t mean that people celebrate it in exactly the same way.

Sunday, 11 December, 2016 - 07:07
4

Currently it does not feel like Christmas is two weeks away because the sun is shining. Normally around this time of year, one is used to getting snuggled up and cosying up in front of the fire.

Sunday, 11 December, 2016 - 07:06
3

According to my Instagram, I have now been in Spain for 81 days.

Friday, 9 December, 2016 - 17:24
2

I’ve been living abroad for two months now. Even though I’m having a good time, I miss lots of things about Britain. Here are my top nine:

Subscribe to Life around the world