Since moving to Vienna, being offered a cup of tea now sets off a series of alarm bells for me. Have you ever heard all British people being labelled as tea-fanatics? Well, ever since I arrived in...
12
By: ZarahK
Wheaten bread is the term Northern Irish people use for brown soda bread. This is a recipe that I saved from my home economics class in school. I think that wheaten bread is delicious served with a...
6
November 30th is celebrated across Scotland as Saint Andrew’s Day and is also a national holiday in Scotland. Despite having never stepped foot in Scotland while alive, Saint Andrew is the patron...
16
By: TashaD
I have been living in Logroño, Spain, for the past two months and going for tapas has quickly become one of my favourite hobbies. Whilst it is a relatively small town, Logroño is the capital of the...
3
As far as my week goes, I work Monday to Friday mornings teaching English to 14- to 16-year-olds in a local secondary school in Vibo Valentia, Calabria. A typical work day usually starts at 9:00....
10
By: KatieJ
'It’s raining cats and dogs!' Although this phrase is not very common in England any more, it clearly shows how we don’t always say what we mean.  One thing that is often frustrating for language...
10