Everyone’s heard their parents or grandparents chastise the youth of today, reciting stories of the ‘good old days’ of their childhood. The expression to describe this is ‘looking through rose-tinted...
By: EmilyW
On my year abroad, I am spending seven months teaching in Avignon, a town in the south of France. My official title is “teacher's assistant” but in reality, I teach the class by myself. Usually, the...
By: MeganC
Whilst many people associate Christmas with family gatherings, presents and roast dinners, I see Christmas as a time of year when I can rediscover my creative side. Here are eight home-made craft...
By: JulieG
Now that Halloween has been and gone, we can start getting excited about Christmas! Or can we? In England I am used to seeing Christmas decorations in the shops as soon as they have put away the...
Whenever I visit a foreign country, I adore experiencing the culture, embracing all the traditions and comparing it to home. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way. Although so far during...
1
By: EmilyW
In England, the moment that supermarkets and shops sweep Halloween merchandise off the shelves, the whole country begins a countdown to Christmas. Christmas is the highest spending holiday in the UK...
7