By: EmilyW
I have spent most of my life surrounded by people who speak the same language as me. English is my native language, so I can usually guarantee that someone will be able to communicate with me in...
3
To anyone who isn't British, the name of this day probably sounds a little strange. Red Nose Day is an event which takes place every other year. The aim of the day is to raise as much money as...
1
By: BenF
Several years ago, Jeremy Clarkson, presenter of the famous BBC television programme ‘Top Gear’, discovered that one of his guests was half German and half Irish. Immediately, he retorted: “That’s...
By: HelenW
The other day, one of my colleagues at the Mexican university where I work asked me if it was true that you need a licence to watch TV in the UK. He had read about it in an English textbook and just...
1
During the summer, I spent five weeks working as an au-pair in Galicia, a beautiful part of northern Spain, and the pinnacle of the finest Spanish seafood! Before my experience as an au-pair, I wasn’...
5
By: JulieG
A few weeks ago I moved to Vienna, to start the second part of my year abroad as an English language assistant. I actually came straight from my previous year abroad home in Italy, by overnight train...
3