Ever since I was little I have always loved to travel. As I grew older I knew that I wanted to make sure that no matter what career I chose in the future – it would need to involve travelling!...
At the start of my second year of university, after thinking for a long time about environmental and ethical issues, I decided to stop eating meat and fish and become a vegetarian. Now, being a...
Do the British really get together every afternoon at 4 to sit and drink several cups of tea? Ask any of my German students and they will tell you 'YES!' I’m sorry to disappoint, but it’s simply not...
3
It takes a lot of bravery to move house. It takes even more bravery to move abroad. When I did just that two months ago, I was worried that life here in western Germany would be completely different...
1
For two months, I have been an English teacher in Beijing. However, there has been little time to visit the sights in the city where I live. Beijing is a huge metropolis, filled with historical...
Remember, Remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot should never be forgotten! Every year on the 5th of November, the air above the United Kingdom is filled with pretty, bright...