2

At the beginning of every new year, it is very typical to make News Year's resolutions. Mostly they concern areas to try something new in or try harder.

3

Since I've been living abroad, many different people have asked me to name typical British dishes. I have, however, struggled to think of an answer. Yes, we do have our own national dishes.

7

So I’m coming to the end of my first semester in Italy, and I couldn’t be happier.

3

Four years ago I was living in a boarding house with more than 20 girls, and last year I lived in a uni house with 5 girls. Now I find myself living alone ...

2

Food, glorious food! Eating local cuisine is an important part of any trip abroad. Sampling a country’s delicacies can help you understand its culture, its customs and its people.  However, when

1

When it comes to the UK, London likes to steal all the attention. Yes, yes, I know: it's a great city with lots of culture and sights to see.

2

Christmas is generally considered to be a time for tradition – people do the same things every single year, and they love the familiarity of the festive season.

5

Christmas is a time for relaxing, having fun and spending time with family and friends. However, for many of us, it is also spent revising for January exams.

7

I love travelling, but it hasn't always been my passion. In my first year of university, I started to travel during the holidays.

3

Maybe you’ve just started learning a new language. Maybe you've been studying to pass exams or to get the job you want in the future.

Subscribe to Life around the world