Sunday, 19 January, 2014 - 14:21
13
by ReganS

It is no secret that the French have a great appreciation for food and one of my favourite things about living here in France is vast array of beautiful food on offer.

Sunday, 19 January, 2014 - 00:01
29
by JoR

In the past, many people regularly kept personal diaries, where they recorded the day’s events and their observations.

Saturday, 18 January, 2014 - 08:36
68
by TeresaC

Valentine’s Day is celebrated in the UK on February 14th. It is a celebration of love between husbands and wives, boyfriends and girlfriends and sometimes just friends together!

Thursday, 16 January, 2014 - 10:58
13
by BronyaD

The University of Glasgow has to be one of my favourite places of all time.

Wednesday, 15 January, 2014 - 15:40
20

Can you imagine anything better than having your own little pet to play with all the time? That’s what I thought when my flat-mates and I got a pet cat!

Wednesday, 15 January, 2014 - 13:54
1

I have arrived back in Paris after a fabulous Christmas and New Year with my family back in the UK.

Tuesday, 14 January, 2014 - 10:59
3
by ZoeS

I have always listened to tails of the magical German Christmas, however this year was the first time I have been able to experience it for myself.

Tuesday, 14 January, 2014 - 01:23
8
by IainG

Here in the south of Colombia the city of Pasto, has just finished celebrating “el Carnaval de Negros y Blancos” – the “Black and White Carnival”.

Saturday, 11 January, 2014 - 19:52
10
by AlysW

Even after living in Spain for over a year, I love the fact that I am still discovering strange cultural differences between this country and the UK.  The latest one may seem rather unexpected, but

Wednesday, 8 January, 2014 - 20:27
21
by TeresaC

January is my least favourite month in the year. In England, Christmas has passed, the weather is rainy, cold, and dark, and summer feels like a long way away.

Wednesday, 8 January, 2014 - 13:10
24
by GraceL

"New year, new me" is a phrase you often hear in the UK on the first of January. It is very common to start a new year's resolution on this day.

Wednesday, 8 January, 2014 - 04:24
19
by SteveM

Learning a new language and then spending time in a different country means that you spend a lot more time in your own head than ever before!

Friday, 3 January, 2014 - 18:24
11

New Year’s Eve is always a really exciting time of year.

Tuesday, 31 December, 2013 - 17:04
12
by IainG

There are stereotypes about every nation and every continent in the world: They say that Mexicans are lazy, Germans are punctual and British people are forever talking about the weather. 

Thursday, 19 December, 2013 - 15:19
12
by KatieI

“If you’ve got the money ...”

Now, you may or may not know that Jamie-T’s famous lyrics actually continue like this:

Thursday, 19 December, 2013 - 10:25
17
by GraceL

In this post I would like to tell you about mince pies. In the United Kingdom you would find these tasty treats in all supermarkets and bakeries.

Thursday, 19 December, 2013 - 10:07
8
by GraceL

I work at a school in Germany and recently I have been going into lots of different English lessons to explain how Christmas is in England and how it is for me.

Thursday, 19 December, 2013 - 09:35
45
by TeresaC

It’s nearly Christmas, and, although it is one of my favourite times of the year, there is something very special about celebrating the New Year after spending time with family and friends over Chr

Wednesday, 18 December, 2013 - 10:01
6
by SarahB

With only a few weeks left until Christmas, our biggest winter festival is just around the corner!

Monday, 16 December, 2013 - 15:42
15
by LaurenS

December is here and many people are starting to think about Christmas. In some places preparations for Christmas such as displays in shops and lights in the streets start as early as October!

Subscribe to Life around the world