Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 11:45
27

As the topic I have chosen to write about is ‘life around the world,’ what could be a better beginning than the life I know best- that of my home city, Liverpool, in England’s rainy North-West?

Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 11:20
13

Daily life starts early in Siem Reap, Cambodia’s most bustling tourist destination.

Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 11:16
19

The stretch of central Edinburgh between the castle and Holyrooyd palace, known as the Royal Mile, at times looks like a Disney set, complete with a William Wallace impersonator for tourists to ha

Friday, 13 April, 2012 - 11:07
9

Whether it is the golf courses which rank among the best in the world, the proximity to the North Sea with waves ideal for surfing (as long as you don’t mind wearing two wetsuits!) or the building

Wednesday, 11 April, 2012 - 12:15
15

‘But why can’t I drink water while I’m eating?’ I asked. My friends rolled their eyes, ‘because it’s bad for your health of course!’ they all cried. ‘But why?’ I wondered.

Wednesday, 11 April, 2012 - 12:09
22

A young fisherman, balanced precariously on the prow of his tiny wooden boat as the waves threaten to send him plunging into the Pacific Ocean below, lazily extends a hand and points south: “They

Thursday, 22 March, 2012 - 12:22
31

Halloween – we all know the routine, right? Scary costumes: check. Big, orange pumpkins in the windows: check. Trick-or-treaters: check. Parties in the cemeteries: wait, really?

Tuesday, 21 February, 2012 - 13:08
20

It’s something we do every day. We do it with our family and friends, we do it on the move, we do it whilst we talk and whilst we check Facebook and whilst we finish our homework.

Monday, 20 February, 2012 - 14:29
24

I can live in France, right? I mean, it can't be that different; France is my neighbour; there is nothing but a little channel of water that separates us. Some people even swim across it.

Subscribe to Life around the world