Friday, 11 November, 2016 - 18:26
3

Do the British really get together every afternoon at 4 to sit and drink several cups of tea? Ask any of my German students and they will tell you 'YES!'

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:32
1

It takes a lot of bravery to move house. It takes even more bravery to move abroad.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:03
0

For two months, I have been an English teacher in Beijing. However, there has been little time to visit the sights in the city where I live.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 10:43
0

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot should never be forgotten!

Tuesday, 8 November, 2016 - 15:05
0

I have now been in Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha for four weeks. I am here as an English language assistant with the British Council, teaching in a primary school in Spain. 

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:57
5

Studying abroad has become somewhat of a rite of passage for many Europeans seeking to broaden their experiences, add to their language skills and explore new cultures.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:53
1

Change is always hard but perhaps nothing is a bigger challenge than moving to a new place, whether it be a new school or in my case a new country.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:36
1

'Languages are important', 'I know they’re hard but don’t give up!', 'they’ll help you in life'.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:33
6

For three weeks this summer I decided to leave the hustle and bustle of London to experience a completely new adventure in Costa Rica.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:29
0

As part of my languages degree at university, I have just moved to Santander in Spain to teach for nine months.  Despite a few preparatory lectures, you never know what to expect until you arrive

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 14:29
0

Halloween is a big deal in many parts of the world. Little children love to dress up and go trick or treating, filling up their bags with chocolatey goodies and delicious sweets.

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 13:56
0

You may have heard of Guy Fawkes Night, a festival celebrated in the UK on the fifth of November. People celebrate with fireworks and bonfires.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:13
6

I have been teaching in a middle school in China now for about 2 months.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:03
16

I really love breakfast. It’s my favourite meal of the day! I think it is so important to eat a big healthy breakfast so you have enough energy for the rest of the day (or at least until lunch!).

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 13:19
1

I love chocolate. In fact, if I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would definitely be chocolate.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 11:21
0

Earlier this year I visited Europe with two of my friends from university. We stopped in four cities: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Cologne.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:48
0

I moved to the Spanish capital, Madrid, nearly two months ago. I am here for a year teaching English in a secondary school as a language assistant.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:27
2

Exposure to different cultures is one of the main reasons I enjoy visiting other countries.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:24
1

The most interesting thing about teaching English abroad is that you gain an understanding of it as a foreign language that you have to learn.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:11
0

London: England’s regal capital, where everyone speaks like the Queen. Or is there more to it than that? 

Subscribe to Life around the world