Monday, 21 November, 2016 - 13:25
0

Ironically, one of the most famous serial killers of all time is a mystery. We do not know who he was, what he did or anything other than that he was a very skilled murderer.

Thursday, 17 November, 2016 - 11:27
4

Starting my year abroad in Spain I have discovered that the best way to make new friends and improve your confidence in speaking Spanish is by taking part in 'language exchange events'.

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 20:03
12

Ever since I was little, there is always one thing I have known that I wanted to do: travel the world!

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:18
4

Have you ever thought about going abroad to volunteer? Making a difference in a country less fortunate than your own is seen by most as a really positive thing to do.

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:16
0

Ever since I was little I have always loved to travel. As I grew older I knew that I wanted to make sure that no matter what career I chose in the future – it would need to involve travelling!

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:06
0

At the start of my second year of university, after thinking for a long time about environmental and ethical issues, I decided to stop eating meat and fish and become a vegetarian.

Friday, 11 November, 2016 - 18:26
3

Do the British really get together every afternoon at 4 to sit and drink several cups of tea? Ask any of my German students and they will tell you 'YES!'

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:32
1

It takes a lot of bravery to move house. It takes even more bravery to move abroad.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:03
0

For two months, I have been an English teacher in Beijing. However, there has been little time to visit the sights in the city where I live.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 10:43
0

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot should never be forgotten!

Tuesday, 8 November, 2016 - 15:05
0

I have now been in Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha for four weeks. I am here as an English language assistant with the British Council, teaching in a primary school in Spain. 

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:57
5

Studying abroad has become somewhat of a rite of passage for many Europeans seeking to broaden their experiences, add to their language skills and explore new cultures.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:53
1

Change is always hard but perhaps nothing is a bigger challenge than moving to a new place, whether it be a new school or in my case a new country.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:36
1

'Languages are important', 'I know they’re hard but don’t give up!', 'they’ll help you in life'.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:33
6

For three weeks this summer I decided to leave the hustle and bustle of London to experience a completely new adventure in Costa Rica.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:29
0

As part of my languages degree at university, I have just moved to Santander in Spain to teach for nine months.  Despite a few preparatory lectures, you never know what to expect until you arrive

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 14:29
0

Halloween is a big deal in many parts of the world. Little children love to dress up and go trick or treating, filling up their bags with chocolatey goodies and delicious sweets.

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 13:56
0

You may have heard of Guy Fawkes Night, a festival celebrated in the UK on the fifth of November. People celebrate with fireworks and bonfires.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:13
6

I have been teaching in a middle school in China now for about 2 months.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:03
16

I really love breakfast. It’s my favourite meal of the day! I think it is so important to eat a big healthy breakfast so you have enough energy for the rest of the day (or at least until lunch!).

Subscribe to Life around the world