Friday, 25 November, 2016 - 14:08
0

Last week, I went to Montpellier in the south of France for an exam. So this trip was for business, not pleasure.

Friday, 25 November, 2016 - 12:56
17

British people are famous for apologising in almost every situation.

Friday, 25 November, 2016 - 11:45
16

So, every one of us who has ever tried to learn a language has reached a point where they feel like they’ve reached a stalemate - like the point in a game of chess when it's impossible to make the

Friday, 25 November, 2016 - 11:40
0

And so it begins. The festive battle between the Christmas department stores began on 11th November, with the eagerly anticipated release of the John Lewis advert featuring Boxer the dog.

Tuesday, 22 November, 2016 - 13:59
0

Nigeria is a country in West Africa. It has a population of 184 million people, making it the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world.

Monday, 21 November, 2016 - 13:31
0

Britain is an island and has a lot of beautiful coast to visit. Everyone has been to the seaside at some point and everybody has a different experience of the seaside.

Monday, 21 November, 2016 - 13:25
0

Ironically, one of the most famous serial killers of all time is a mystery. We do not know who he was, what he did or anything other than that he was a very skilled murderer.

Thursday, 17 November, 2016 - 11:27
4

Starting my year abroad in Spain I have discovered that the best way to make new friends and improve your confidence in speaking Spanish is by taking part in 'language exchange events'.

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 20:03
34

Ever since I was little, there is always one thing I have known that I wanted to do: travel the world!

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:18
4

Have you ever thought about going abroad to volunteer? Making a difference in a country less fortunate than your own is seen by most as a really positive thing to do.

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:16
0

Ever since I was little I have always loved to travel. As I grew older I knew that I wanted to make sure that no matter what career I chose in the future – it would need to involve travelling!

Wednesday, 16 November, 2016 - 15:06
0

At the start of my second year of university, after thinking for a long time about environmental and ethical issues, I decided to stop eating meat and fish and become a vegetarian.

Friday, 11 November, 2016 - 18:26
3

Do the British really get together every afternoon at 4 to sit and drink several cups of tea? Ask any of my German students and they will tell you 'YES!'

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:32
1

It takes a lot of bravery to move house. It takes even more bravery to move abroad.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 11:03
0

For two months, I have been an English teacher in Beijing. However, there has been little time to visit the sights in the city where I live.

Thursday, 10 November, 2016 - 10:43
0

Remember, Remember the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason and plot should never be forgotten!

Tuesday, 8 November, 2016 - 15:05
0

I have now been in Ciudad Real, Castilla La Mancha for four weeks. I am here as an English language assistant with the British Council, teaching in a primary school in Spain. 

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:57
5

Studying abroad has become somewhat of a rite of passage for many Europeans seeking to broaden their experiences, add to their language skills and explore new cultures.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:53
1

Change is always hard but perhaps nothing is a bigger challenge than moving to a new place, whether it be a new school or in my case a new country.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:36
1

'Languages are important', 'I know they’re hard but don’t give up!', 'they’ll help you in life'.

Subscribe to Life around the world