By: AmyA
Moving abroad can be a challenging experience. You leave your family, friends and everything you know behind. You enter a new culture where the customs and sometimes the language are different. But...
2
By: KateK
When the first flakes of snow fly past my window, I know it has begun: another Montreal winter will soon arrive, and it could stay for six months. How to describe the winter here? It is long,...
9
By: AnnieL
Since moving to China to teach English two months ago, one noticeable difference I’ve found is how people break the ice in conversations. “Isn’t the weather nice today?” is a typical question and...
12
By: KatieJ
Having just started working as an English Language Assistant in the Franche-Comté region of France, I am currently staying with French friends, who my dad met over 30 years ago whilst he worked as a...
6
Being ill is never fun but feeling under the weather while living abroad can sometimes feel even worse. I’m currently working in Paris as a language assistant in a small but lovely primary school. I...
2
By: GraceD
In Great Britain, Bonfire Night celebrations take place on the 5th of November, when towns across the country carry on a tradition that started over 400 years ago. In the 17th century, England was...
1