I am currently living as an English language assistant in the city of Barranquilla, on the Caribbean coast of Colombia. Apart from the time I spent sitting at home, planning lessons, and running...
As a Londoner, the 5th of November is one of my favourite dates in the English calendar. It celebrates the day in 1605 on which Guy Fawkes was arrested for plotting to murder King James I. Guy...
2
By: HelenW
Single-use plastic bags, given away in shops and supermarkets around the world, contribute to the millions of tonnes of waste that end up in landfill sites and oceans every year. In an effort to...
6
By: EmilyH
In Martinique, a small overseas department of France located in the south-east Caribbean, you are just as likely to find croissants and baguettes as you are to find bananas and sugar cane. It's...
Nowadays, in many Western countries the latter half of autumn signals the coming of Halloween on October 31st. Halloween is the last major celebration before Christmas, and already in early October...
2
By: KatB
Last Friday, one of my students asked me to write the date on the blackboard. So I did. I wrote the day's date, which was Friday 24th October. All of a sudden, I realised: it's Halloween next week!...
5