Shrove Tuesday, commonly referred to as 'Pancake Day', is one of my favourite days of the year! Shrove Tuesday always falls 47 days before Easter Sunday - which means the date that we celebrate...
1
By: BlakeS
In the UK, I used to take the train every day to get from my home to university. Now in the south of France, I live in a town called Périgueux, but I work in a small village in the countryside. The...
1
The UK is a rich tapestry of cultures and traditions. Whilst appearing similar on the surface, each of the four countries are so diverse both in the languages spoken and the food that’s eaten.  I...
So after travelling many times with friends or parents, I have only ever gone for day trips on my own.  Last weekend however I went alone to Verona, Italy for a long weekend and it was the best...
7
By: EmilyW
Moving out of your family home can be a very scary thing to do. You will experience many changes and have to make some adjustments. I was 18 when I went to university. At the time I thought I was...
3
By: EmilyW
Most people assume that babysitting is one of the easiest jobs available for young people. Many imagine a bored teenager putting a few well-behaved children to bed at 9 o'clock and then continuing to...
6