Our Magazine is written by young people from the UK. Each year we select a new group of bloggers, from the British Council’s language assistants, who share their experiences of learning languages and living abroad. The views and opinions expressed in the articles are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the LearnEnglish Teens team.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:36
1

'Languages are important', 'I know they’re hard but don’t give up!', 'they’ll help you in life'.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:33
6

For three weeks this summer I decided to leave the hustle and bustle of London to experience a completely new adventure in Costa Rica.

Friday, 4 November, 2016 - 14:29
0

As part of my languages degree at university, I have just moved to Santander in Spain to teach for nine months.  Despite a few preparatory lectures, you never know what to expect until you arrive

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 14:29
1

Halloween is a big deal in many parts of the world. Little children love to dress up and go trick or treating, filling up their bags with chocolatey goodies and delicious sweets.

Thursday, 3 November, 2016 - 13:56
0

You may have heard of Guy Fawkes Night, a festival celebrated in the UK on the fifth of November. People celebrate with fireworks and bonfires.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:13
6

I have been teaching in a middle school in China now for about 2 months.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 14:03
17

I really love breakfast. It’s my favourite meal of the day! I think it is so important to eat a big healthy breakfast so you have enough energy for the rest of the day (or at least until lunch!).

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 13:19
1

I love chocolate. In fact, if I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would definitely be chocolate.

Wednesday, 2 November, 2016 - 11:21
0

Earlier this year I visited Europe with two of my friends from university. We stopped in four cities: Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague and Cologne.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:48
0

I moved to the Spanish capital, Madrid, nearly two months ago. I am here for a year teaching English in a secondary school as a language assistant.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:27
2

Exposure to different cultures is one of the main reasons I enjoy visiting other countries.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:24
1

The most interesting thing about teaching English abroad is that you gain an understanding of it as a foreign language that you have to learn.

Monday, 31 October, 2016 - 13:11
0

London: England’s regal capital, where everyone speaks like the Queen. Or is there more to it than that? 

Sunday, 26 June, 2016 - 16:07
8
by LouiseH

Summertime has always been my absolute favourite time of the year.

Thursday, 23 June, 2016 - 20:59
10

Australia was always a country I wanted to visit so I saved up some money and booked a flight to go travelling up the East Coast at the end of my work placement in France.

Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 12:00
12

So, a year ago I left the UK for the sunnier climes of the south of France, specifically Toulouse, nicknamed 'la ville en rose’ (the pink city).

Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 11:37
5
by LouiseH

I have just returned to the UK after a year living abroad in France.

Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 10:16
8

Stereotype No. 1: the British love to drink tea: You must drink endless cups of tea.

Friday, 10 June, 2016 - 10:14
17

I was lucky enough to take a short trip to Warsaw, the capital of Poland, a few days ago and it was such a great city to visit.

Tuesday, 31 May, 2016 - 13:47
10
by LouiseH

When you are learning a foreign language one of the hardest things to grasp is how and when to use colloquial idioms and expressions.