Thursday, 12 November, 2015 - 09:08
0
by TashaD

I have been living in Spain for just over a month now and this week my family came from England to visit me.

Wednesday, 11 November, 2015 - 08:06
5

At the end of September this year I moved to Calabria (a region in southern Italy which forms the toe of the Italian Peninsula) to start working as an English language assistant in a local

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 15:23
7
by CleaG

As I write this I’m sat on a bumpy bus back to Santiago in Chile where I am currently working as a language assistant for the year.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 10:16
9
by VickyC

If you’re lucky enough to travel or live abroad – perhaps as part of an exchange or work experience – in order to get the most out of your stay it’s essential to mix with the locals.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 10:09
3
by AmyA

Moving abroad can be a challenging experience. You leave your family, friends and everything you know behind.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 09:54
10
by KateK

When the first flakes of snow fly past my window, I know it has begun: another Montreal winter will soon arrive, and it could stay for six months.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 09:07
14
by AnnieL

Since moving to China to teach English two months ago, one noticeable difference I’ve found is how people break the ice in conversations.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 08:40
9
by KatieJ

Having just started working as an English Language Assistant in the Franche-Comté region of France, I am currently staying with French friends, who my dad met over 30 years ago whilst he worked as

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 08:32
9

Being ill is never fun but feeling under the weather while living abroad can sometimes feel even worse.

Tuesday, 10 November, 2015 - 08:22
1
by GraceD

In Great Britain, Bonfire Night celebrations take place on the 5th of November, when towns across the country carry on a tradition that started over 400 years ago.

Monday, 9 November, 2015 - 16:01
6
by AbiH

Hello everyone!

Monday, 9 November, 2015 - 14:51
3
by ZarahK

For the next seven months I will be working as an English language assistant in Perpignan, France.

Monday, 9 November, 2015 - 14:37
8
by LouiseH

You can take the girl out of Scotland ... but you can’t take Scotland out of the girl!

Thursday, 5 November, 2015 - 17:55
6
by JonnyB

When most people think of Madagascar they think of the film series and not the country. The country of Madagascar is found off the east coast of South Africa.

Tuesday, 3 November, 2015 - 22:15
6
by CleaG

This year and for the fourth year running, Melbourne in Australia has been voted the best city in the world to live in.

Monday, 2 November, 2015 - 10:34
1
by TashaD

I work as an English language assistant in Spain and this week I was asked to do a presentation for my classes about Halloween and the ways in which we celebrate it in the UK.

Saturday, 31 October, 2015 - 19:59
7
by NaomiK

Last week my friend phoned me and we randomly decided to go on a spontaneous trip to Germany. I left home with no sleeping bag, no towel, about €50 in cash and no travel plans for the way home.

Tuesday, 27 October, 2015 - 02:25
10
by CleaG

As I start to plan my hotdog costume for Halloween on Saturday, I begin to consider what the history of the festival is and how on earth hotdogs are related to it.

Sunday, 25 October, 2015 - 08:05
3

The streets are alive with anticipation. A parade of young, old and all ages in between move along the seafront. The crowd's pulse beats in time to the rhythm of drums.

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 22:47
15

It is currently the school holidays in France and I have two weeks off from teaching. I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to explore the region that I am living in.

Subscribe to Life around the world