Saturday, 31 October, 2015 - 19:59
7
by NaomiK

Last week my friend phoned me and we randomly decided to go on a spontaneous trip to Germany. I left home with no sleeping bag, no towel, about €50 in cash and no travel plans for the way home.

Tuesday, 27 October, 2015 - 02:25
10
by CleaG

As I start to plan my hotdog costume for Halloween on Saturday, I begin to consider what the history of the festival is and how on earth hotdogs are related to it.

Sunday, 25 October, 2015 - 08:05
3

The streets are alive with anticipation. A parade of young, old and all ages in between move along the seafront. The crowd's pulse beats in time to the rhythm of drums.

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 22:47
15

It is currently the school holidays in France and I have two weeks off from teaching. I thought this would be a great opportunity for me to explore the region that I am living in.

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 16:56
9
by HollyK

Sometimes it can be great having English as a first language. Being an English speaker can be highly advantageous, and can give you access to opportunities that wouldn’t be available otherwise.

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 13:58
1

Last week I went on holiday with my friends to Corisca. It was my first time visiting the island and I had an incredible time!

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 12:36
7
'I speak two languages, Body and English'

- Mae West

Thursday, 22 October, 2015 - 16:12
8
by TashaD

I have been working as a language assistant in Northern Spain for just over a month now and whilst I have enjoyed introducing myself and talking about culture in the UK I have noticed that many Sp

Thursday, 22 October, 2015 - 16:09
3
by LauraB

It’s hard to describe the spectacle of the cheese rolling.

Tuesday, 20 October, 2015 - 13:19
29
by LucyK

When I first arrived in France three weeks ago as an English language assistant, I think the staff and students alike expected a relation of the Queen with a plate of fish and chips in hand to arr

Monday, 19 October, 2015 - 15:26
10

Did you know that English is the third most spoken language in the world?

Monday, 19 October, 2015 - 15:20
6
by CleaG

As a Brit abroad I have often had comments and questions, such as ‘So what do you actually eat?’ ‘I hear British food isn’t so great …’ or ‘Do you even have a traditional meal?’ At first I thought

Friday, 16 October, 2015 - 09:26
29

I would like to think of myself as a fairly well-travelled and self-sufficient individual who is always up for adventure and a good time.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 18:23
9

Without a doubt it is very important that we eat a healthy and balanced diet.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:39
5
by BeckyH

The nightmares of living in Spain have only just begun!

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:21
7
by DaisyB

I’ve been lucky enough to live in various countries away from my native Yorkshire in England a few times before I became a Language Assistant in Shijiazhuang, China last month.

Saturday, 10 October, 2015 - 09:50
6

I love that when learning a new foreign language, I seem to discover a new way of thinking and, most importantly, a new way of relating to people.

Monday, 5 October, 2015 - 08:36
0
I feel like it’s time to reveal the truth behind some of the myths and stereotypes dispersed about my homeland, in the Highlands of Scotland.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 14:06
80

There are many different ways to travel from England across Europe; by plane, by train and by boat. However, one of the least explored options, for good reason, is to travel to Europe by car.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 10:38
5

Saying goodbye to home is never easy. But the more I travel, the more I realise that “home” can be in many different places around the world.

Subscribe to Life around the world