Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 16:56
9
by HollyK

Sometimes it can be great having English as a first language. Being an English speaker can be highly advantageous, and can give you access to opportunities that wouldn’t be available otherwise.

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 13:58
1

Last week I went on holiday with my friends to Corisca. It was my first time visiting the island and I had an incredible time!

Saturday, 24 October, 2015 - 12:36
7
'I speak two languages, Body and English'

- Mae West

Thursday, 22 October, 2015 - 16:12
8
by TashaD

I have been working as a language assistant in Northern Spain for just over a month now and whilst I have enjoyed introducing myself and talking about culture in the UK I have noticed that many Sp

Thursday, 22 October, 2015 - 16:09
3
by LauraB

It’s hard to describe the spectacle of the cheese rolling.

Tuesday, 20 October, 2015 - 13:19
29
by LucyK

When I first arrived in France three weeks ago as an English language assistant, I think the staff and students alike expected a relation of the Queen with a plate of fish and chips in hand to arr

Monday, 19 October, 2015 - 15:26
10

Did you know that English is the third most spoken language in the world?

Monday, 19 October, 2015 - 15:20
6
by CleaG

As a Brit abroad I have often had comments and questions, such as ‘So what do you actually eat?’ ‘I hear British food isn’t so great …’ or ‘Do you even have a traditional meal?’ At first I thought

Friday, 16 October, 2015 - 09:26
29

I would like to think of myself as a fairly well-travelled and self-sufficient individual who is always up for adventure and a good time.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 18:23
9

Without a doubt it is very important that we eat a healthy and balanced diet.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:39
5
by BeckyH

The nightmares of living in Spain have only just begun!

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:21
7
by DaisyB

I’ve been lucky enough to live in various countries away from my native Yorkshire in England a few times before I became a Language Assistant in Shijiazhuang, China last month.

Saturday, 10 October, 2015 - 09:50
6

I love that when learning a new foreign language, I seem to discover a new way of thinking and, most importantly, a new way of relating to people.

Monday, 5 October, 2015 - 08:36
0
I feel like it’s time to reveal the truth behind some of the myths and stereotypes dispersed about my homeland, in the Highlands of Scotland.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 14:06
80

There are many different ways to travel from England across Europe; by plane, by train and by boat. However, one of the least explored options, for good reason, is to travel to Europe by car.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 10:38
5

Saying goodbye to home is never easy. But the more I travel, the more I realise that “home” can be in many different places around the world.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 10:41
1
by JuliaG

Many of us, and especially students, are very familiar with airports: the long queues, security checks, tearful goodbyes and the excited feeling of going on holiday, the chatter between reunited r

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 10:01
9

For the next year I will be living in Italy, working as an English language assistant. The town I’m living in is very nice and the people I’ve met so far are very kind!

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 08:50
0
by SammiC

Born a proud Belfast girl, for university I decided to expand my horizons and move to England. It was only then that I realised how many things from home I took for granted.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 08:40
5

Imagine diving into deep water, having being taught the theory of how to swim, but never having actually swum in real life before.

Subscribe to Life around the world