6

A lot of the time when I reveal to my French friends that I am a vegetarian, a look of horror comes over their faces! ‘What do you eat?’ they ask me.

3

One of the hardest parts of living abroad is being away from your loved ones, especially your family.

2

Oddly, when you’re on your year abroad, keeping up with essential language learning tasks like grammar practice or memorising vocabulary can fall by the wayside.

0

What to say about Naples? After having been living in Italy for a couple of months, I felt like I had got the hang of living here.

5

Ever since arriving in South America, I have been constantly comparing their esteemed empanada to the British version that I am so familiar with: the Cornish pasty.

14

The other day I was talking to an American friend about how I wanted to make flapjacks.

10

I’m a big fan of trying to save the environment, and this month is the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) annual Earth Hour.

14

Saint Patrick’s Day is a national Irish holiday that is celebrated on the 17th of March every year. It is a celebration of Saint Patrick, Ireland’s patron saint, who died on that date.

10

A couple of weeks ago my parents came out to visit me in the South West of France for a holiday over my February break.

11

I have just returned from a weekend away with my friends and on the journey back home I took some time to reflect back on the past couple of months since I arrived in France in September.

Subscribe to Life around the world