Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 18:23
9

Without a doubt it is very important that we eat a healthy and balanced diet.

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:39
5
by BeckyH

The nightmares of living in Spain have only just begun!

Tuesday, 13 October, 2015 - 12:21
7
by DaisyB

I’ve been lucky enough to live in various countries away from my native Yorkshire in England a few times before I became a Language Assistant in Shijiazhuang, China last month.

Saturday, 10 October, 2015 - 09:50
6

I love that when learning a new foreign language, I seem to discover a new way of thinking and, most importantly, a new way of relating to people.

Monday, 5 October, 2015 - 08:36
0
I feel like it’s time to reveal the truth behind some of the myths and stereotypes dispersed about my homeland, in the Highlands of Scotland.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 14:06
80

There are many different ways to travel from England across Europe; by plane, by train and by boat. However, one of the least explored options, for good reason, is to travel to Europe by car.

Friday, 2 October, 2015 - 10:38
5

Saying goodbye to home is never easy. But the more I travel, the more I realise that “home” can be in many different places around the world.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 10:41
1
by JuliaG

Many of us, and especially students, are very familiar with airports: the long queues, security checks, tearful goodbyes and the excited feeling of going on holiday, the chatter between reunited r

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 10:01
9

For the next year I will be living in Italy, working as an English language assistant. The town I’m living in is very nice and the people I’ve met so far are very kind!

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 08:50
0
by SammiC

Born a proud Belfast girl, for university I decided to expand my horizons and move to England. It was only then that I realised how many things from home I took for granted.

Wednesday, 30 September, 2015 - 08:40
5

Imagine diving into deep water, having being taught the theory of how to swim, but never having actually swum in real life before.

Tuesday, 29 September, 2015 - 16:31
40
by AbiH

If you had told me two years ago that I would be moving to a different country for a year, I probably would have laughed in your face.

Monday, 7 September, 2015 - 16:42
2

When I arrived in Barranquilla, in Colombia, with a fairly decent understanding of the Spanish language (a degree in modern languages does normally help a bit) I was expecting to be generally OK.

Friday, 21 August, 2015 - 18:21
14

One rainy afternoon I was sitting at home feeling so bored. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I wanted to meet people and have new experiences so I decided to start volunteering.

Tuesday, 11 August, 2015 - 23:28
11
by BlakeS

In this post I would like to introduce the city where I live, Portsmouth. It’s a very busy and modern city located on the south coast of England.

Sunday, 2 August, 2015 - 21:17
2
by KatB

'That's Zazu, over there.' 

Thursday, 30 July, 2015 - 22:24
13

At the moment, I'm doing an internship in London.

Wednesday, 8 July, 2015 - 11:48
9
by BlakeS

I have too much stuff. My bedroom is often very messy. I have shelves cluttered with dusty books I never read and CDs I don’t listen to. My drawers are crammed with clothes I never wear.

Wednesday, 8 July, 2015 - 11:38
7
by BlakeS

The UK is divided up into smaller regions called ‘counties’. My hometown is in the county of Hampshire, which is located in the south-east of England.

Monday, 6 July, 2015 - 11:14
8
by JohnR

Well I am now back home. It is quite surprising how very little has changed even after so long but there is still a lot of things get used to again!

Subscribe to Life around the world