By: KatB
Unless you are amongst those of us lucky enough to be living in either California or southern Spain, chances are that the start of spring hasn't signalled the return of spring-like weather. Quite the...
1
By: KatB
Despite the countless differences between peoples' characters and careers, or their likes and their dislikes, it seems that we are all connected in this weird and wonderful life by one thing: namely...
4
By: AnneS
One of my favourite treats from the UK is a cream tea. It’s not, as its name might suggest, tea with cream in it! It is a sort of English snack which is made up of a few essential things: Scones...
5
By: AnneS
Living in a foreign country can change your perspective of what you think “everybody knows”. I was teaching a class about England to French teenagers and I mentioned the Tudor rose. They didn’t know...
5
Reading books can be a great way to pick up new vocabulary, see grammar in action and develop your understanding of a language. The key to success is choosing the right book for you. For beginners, I...
12
By: BlakeS
Périgueux is the capital town of the Dordogne region in France. I’ve been living in Périgueux for nearly six months now. So, I thought I’d let you know some of the best things to do here. The most...