So, a year ago I left the UK for the sunnier climes of the south of France, specifically Toulouse, nicknamed 'la ville en rose’ (the pink city). Having just returned to England, I wanted to reflect...
8
I have just returned to the UK after a year living abroad in France. Something that really struck me while I was away from home was the fact that very often the people I met would talk about ‘...
3
Stereotype No. 1: the British love to drink tea: You must drink endless cups of tea. The mere mention of such wonders as Earl Grey and English breakfast tea should set your heart aflutter and you...
4
I was lucky enough to take a short trip to Warsaw, the capital of Poland, a few days ago and it was such a great city to visit. When my friends and I first organised the trip we were not sure what to...
1
When you are learning a foreign language one of the hardest things to grasp is how and when to use colloquial idioms and expressions. Often used in both spoken and written language these idiomatic...
6
A lot of the time when I reveal to my French friends that I am a vegetarian, a look of horror comes over their faces! ‘What do you eat?’ they ask me. ‘You must be so hungry!’ It has been fascinating...
6