I moved to France with my parents at the age of nine having never spoken a word of French, I lived there for five years until I returned home to South Wales when I was fourteen. In my primary school...
Many cultures and countries boast a national dress. More often than not, these outfits or garments attest to the history and customs of the people who wear them. The Scottish kilt, for example,...
1
By: EllaO
The traditions of Halloween have long been rooted in Christianity, as an event that was originally observed by Christians to mourn the dead. Now, however, trick or treating (dressing up and knocking...
1
By: BenF
“We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self-control.” Does this sound familiar? Those who...
6
I am going to write about something you've probably never heard of or spoken about … Or on second thoughts let’s have a conversation we've all had before, and talk about the weather. It is that ‘go-...
2
By: MeganC
With there being so many different cultures to discover across the world, I often find myself contemplating how I will ever begin to explore the traditions of such a vaste number of countries....
1