By: EllaO
The traditions of Halloween have long been rooted in Christianity, as an event that was originally observed by Christians to mourn the dead. Now, however, trick or treating (dressing up and knocking...
1
By: BenF
“We live in a decaying age. Young people no longer respect their parents. They are rude and impatient. They frequently inhabit taverns and have no self-control.” Does this sound familiar? Those who...
5
I am going to write about something you've probably never heard of or spoken about … Or on second thoughts let’s have a conversation we've all had before, and talk about the weather. It is that ‘go-...
2
By: MeganC
With there being so many different cultures to discover across the world, I often find myself contemplating how I will ever begin to explore the traditions of such a vaste number of countries....
1
Right now, I am about two weeks into my year abroad in a small village in eastern France. I am working in a local primary school, helping teach English to the students. One of the first questions I...
By: EmmaQ
I arrived in France two weeks ago, and have started teaching in a Lycée here (for students around 15-18 years old). Now the school system here is very different to in England, but one of the main...
2