In my bag I always carry the same essential items: my keys; my purse; some loose change; my mobile phone and my little blue vocabulary notebook. This year I am living abroad in Germany and I am...
2
So, being away from home is great fun, until you meet someone who becomes the reason you don’t want to be away. How do you cope? Here you can find nine tips on how to survive being away from your...
1
Last week, I went to Montpellier in the south of France for an exam. So this trip was for business, not pleasure. However, I was looking forward to seeing some of my friends, who studied in Paul...
British people are famous for apologising in almost every situation. Whether we are apologising for asking a question, for our bad weather or because we sneezed, we are probably the number-one nation...
10
So, every one of us who has ever tried to learn a language has reached a point where they feel like they’ve reached a stalemate - like the point in a game of chess when it's impossible to make the...
10
And so it begins. The festive battle between the Christmas department stores began on 11th November, with the eagerly anticipated release of the John Lewis advert featuring Boxer the dog. Marks and...