By: AnneS
One of my favourite treats from the UK is a cream tea. It’s not, as its name might suggest, tea with cream in it! It is a sort of English snack which is made up of a few essential things: Scones...
By: AnneS
Living in a foreign country can change your perspective of what you think “everybody knows”. I was teaching a class about England to French teenagers and I mentioned the Tudor rose. They didn’t know...
1
Reading books can be a great way to pick up new vocabulary, see grammar in action and develop your understanding of a language. The key to success is choosing the right book for you. For beginners, I...
10
By: BlakeS
Périgueux is the capital town of the Dordogne region in France. I’ve been living in Périgueux for nearly six months now. So, I thought I’d let you know some of the best things to do here. The most...
Dress codes are usually fairly straightforward. If you're going to a wedding (or similar occasion), then you know that you should wear something smart - usually a suit for men, a dress for women....
4
By: KatB
Astonishingly, it's been almost three years since I moved out. Well, I say 'moved out'. Rather I participated in that most hallowed of mass pilgrimages: at the end of September 2012, I moved into my...
1