Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:53
1

It’s interesting to have a chance to teach English abroad because you get to see a completely different education system from the one you experienced.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:40
0

Moving to a foreign country is an amazing, life-changing experience. It’s an opportunity to meet new people, immerse yourself in a different culture and possibly learn another language.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 09:24
0

Moving to a new place – in my case, a new country – is always daunting. However, make the most of the resource right at your fingertips: your mobile phone.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 08:08
0

Now, I consider myself reasonably well travelled within Spain. I have visited a good number of Spanish cities and each has been beautiful.

Thursday, 9 November, 2017 - 07:49
0

There’s no denying that learning a foreign language is difficult, and when it comes to speaking in the language, it can be extremely daunting.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 15:35
0

Here's an imaginary question for you: would you rather (a) leave your home country and never be allowed to return, or (b) never leave your home country ever again?

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 14:52
0

Martinique is a small island tucked away in the Lesser Antilles of the Caribbean.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 12:27
0

At the end of August this year I moved from London, UK, to a small town in Quebec, Canada, called Matane to work as an English language assistant.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 11:43
0

If you’d told me a year ago that I’d soon be living in a city with a pleasantly hot climate all year round, I imagine I’d have been overjoyed at the prospect of leaving the gloomy weather of my ho

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 10:57
0

Bank holidays … we all love them. In the UK, we only get eight bank holidays in one year, and at least five of those occur around Christmas time and Easter time!

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 10:30
0

France is world famous for its delicious baking. If you love bread, you can find a bakery or, as the French call it, a boulangerie, on almost every street corner.

Wednesday, 8 November, 2017 - 08:38
0

When most people think of Ireland, they immediately picture the beautiful sights and bustling city of Dublin and the south, and, although Dublin is lovely, I’m going to tell you why you should go

Tuesday, 15 August, 2017 - 15:06
2

For most tourists visiting the UK, London is the top place to go. I can see why – it’s known for being a historic and cultural hub, as well as having some of the best nightlife.

Tuesday, 15 August, 2017 - 14:59
2

When returning to south-western Germany, where my parents live, it is almost obligatory for me to go on a hike to connect with nature and reconnect with myself.

Monday, 3 July, 2017 - 12:18
1

A piñata is a container which is decorated and filled with sweets, toys or seasonal fruit.

Wednesday, 28 June, 2017 - 11:09
15

One of Mexico's traditions is called the quinceañera, which means 'fifteen-year-old'. It is when a young girl turns 15 and she has a big party to celebrate.

Friday, 23 June, 2017 - 16:01
3

When I was ten years old I went to the USA to visit some family friends. We travelled around California - Los Angeles, San Francisco - and Las Vegas.

Friday, 16 June, 2017 - 15:21
12

I'm learning to drive in Switzerland. I thought it would be a good idea to learn now because I have plenty of free time and am earning a little money to pay for lessons.

Thursday, 15 June, 2017 - 19:36
0

After spending a semester in Cádiz and eight months in Ciudad Real, I have been trying to work out which Spanish stereotypes have some truth in them and which don’t.

Monday, 12 June, 2017 - 14:42
3

Do you ever throw away food at home? Have you ever thought about what happens to the food that shops and supermarkets don’t sell?

Subscribe to Life around the world