One rainy afternoon I was sitting at home feeling so bored. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I wanted to meet people and have new experiences so I decided to start volunteering. I logged onto my...
5
By: BlakeS
In this post I would like to introduce the city where I live, Portsmouth. It’s a very busy and modern city located on the south coast of England. Interestingly, the city is built on an island that is...
10
By: KatB
'That's Zazu, over there.'  This man knew his audience. Cloaked in khaki and epaulettes, with the kind of dusty tan earned by living a life out of doors, he was pointing at a proud, beaky bird...
2
At the moment, I'm doing an internship in London. It's my first experience of living in the capital city of the UK - and in a busy, tourist-filled metropolis it's easy to feel like a small fish in a...
11
By: BlakeS
I have too much stuff. My bedroom is often very messy. I have shelves cluttered with dusty books I never read and CDs I don’t listen to. My drawers are crammed with clothes I never wear. I was...
8
By: BlakeS
The UK is divided up into smaller regions called ‘counties’. My hometown is in the county of Hampshire, which is located in the south-east of England. Since I was a child, my family has taken a...
6