As a teacher, a large part of my work involves motivating and inspiring interest in the subject for my students. One really good way to do this is to imagine that I am telling a story to the class...

A few weeks ago, I moved to Argentina to begin teaching English for a six month period. I am from London, so it is no surprise that I have encountered some cultural differences between English and...

5

Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are public holidays in the UK. As well as being a religious festival, Easter is also the celebration of new life and the arrival of spring. That’s why there are so...

1
By: IainG

There are many advantages of living abroad. You meet so many people and learn more about the world than you could in any book or television documentary. The one real disadvantage of living abroad...

1
By: LauraT

So I’ve reached that point in my year abroad where it’s all coming to an end. My work contract ends this month and I’ll be leaving for good at the beginning of June. I cannot express how quick...

6
By: DrewH

Funny. Hilarious. Amusing. Good-humoured. Hysterical. Comical. Knee slapper. Side-splitting. Witty.

The English language has so many ways to talk about something that is funny. These are...

6