The cello isn’t the most portable of instruments. Of course, it could be worse – I can’t even imagine trying to move a double bass to another country. But as I walked clumsily down the aisle towards...
10
When people think about British music, for the most part they think about the 60s or 70s with the likes of the Beatles and The Rolling Stones or more modern artists like Adele or Ed Sheeran. However...
1
‘Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent’ – Victor Hugo There is certainly no denying that, while a holiday or trip to another country leaves you with...
Ever since I was a young girl my favourite style of music has been jazz and blues. The first ever CD that I bought was Chuck Berry’s Greatest Hits when I was 11 years old. I absolutely loved it and I...
17
"Music is the piece of art that goes in the ears straight to the heart." How do young people learn best? This is something I think about a lot when teaching foreign languages to young people. I often...
5
By: AmyC
Forty-six years since its beginnings, this was Glastonbury’s rainiest year yet. And with the rain came mud, and with the mud came chaos. The sudden onslaught of 180,000 festivalgoers, who all seemed...