Music

Monday, 30 September, 2013 - 13:11

5 best rock songs for learning English

by JoEditor

Listening to music in a foreign language is a great way to learn vocabulary – just find the words online and use a dictionary for anything you don't know. Or just have songs playing while you do your homework. I've tried to choose songs which are easy to understand and can be found on YouTube or Spotify, but which are still brilliant music!

5. Paramore – 'crushcrushcrush'
When you have a 'crush' on someone, you really, REALLY like them, and this song describes this perfectly. Paramore are very popular in England and have written lots of songs, so try 'Misery Business' and the more recent 'Still Into You' too. 

4. Biffy Clyro – 'God and Satan'
Not the happiest song ever written, but it's very beautiful. If you want a more lively song by the same band, try 'Bubbles', 'Mountains' or 'Born On A Horse'.

3. The Cure – 'Friday I'm In Love'
OK, so this band was popular in the 1980s, not now, but their music is still great. This song also goes through all the days of the week. And who doesn't love Fridays?! Some of this band's songs are slightly odd, but if you like this try 'Boys Don't Cry' or 'Close To Me'.

2. The King Blues – 'I Got Love'
This is a fun song with a cute message. I saw this band live two years ago at a music festival in Liverpool, England, and they were really cool.

1. 30 Seconds to Mars – 'The Kill'
The perfect song to rock out to if you're stressed! This band also makes amazing music videos which are almost like short films – the video for this song is based on the horror film The Shining and is available on YouTube. More brilliant songs from 30 Seconds to Mars include 'Kings And Queens' and 'This Is War'.  

I hope you enjoy listening to these songs – who knows, you might find your new favourite band! Look out for more posts with songs from other styles of music.

Note from editor: The songs on this list are the blogger's personal selection.

Language level

Which is your favourite band? Do you agree that listening to music is a good way to improve your English? 

Submitted by nohnoh on Sun, 12/22/2019 - 12:23

For bands i like Imagine dragons... i'll listen to those songs and who knows ,maybe i'll find my favorite band.
English courses near you