Music

The importance of music

10
AmyC

I have always been a big fan of music but to be honest, I don't know anyone who has ever overtly disliked it. And that’s why it’s one of life's true delights, because it can be enjoyed by anyone and everyone. With films, you need to understand what is being said and with books, you need to be able to read, but music has no boundaries, no prerequisites and is accessible for all. I don’t think there are many things in life that have such a direct and visible impact on someone’s mood. Obviously there are some people who are less bothered by music, and of course it depends on what sort of music they’re into, but watching someone react when they hear one of their favourite songs is actually the best thing ever.

Personally, I’m a big disco/soul/funk kind of girl. I like to just call it boogie music because for me, I don’t see how you can’t not dance when you hear it. It instantly changes my mood and you can see it in my face straight away (I’m that idiot bounding down the street with their headphones on and a great big smile on their face). But I don’t care, because music makes me feel good and has the power to join you with other people in this shared moment where exchanging words isn’t necessary.

I think music has such an impact on people because it taps into their feelings and always carries a story. And I don’t just mean in the lyrics but in the history of where the genre has originated from, how it’s evolved over time, who performs it, who listens to it. Everyone who partakes in experiencing music develops the story that bit more and winds it into a page of their own story.

Discovering new styles is a great way into a new culture. I’m currently in Madrid and have been enjoying salsa and reggaton which are historic here but thanks to La Movida Madrileña, there’s a huge array of genres and clubs. From disco at Bogui to house at Mondo, techno at Sala Sol and salsa at Son, Madrid has it all. So wherever you’re living right now, I recommend you to get involved in the music scene and you might stumble across something you really love, or at the very least, you’ll partake in something special with other people.

How important is music in your life? 

souzan's picture
souzan 8 August, 2017 - 23:23

actually music means everything to me .it is my world,my friend,even my family .I listen to music everytime : when I go out , when I study , when I stay at home . Music gives me another vision to the world ,you can find it everywhere : in the singing of birds,in sound of rain,even in the silence.

amawes's picture
amawes 30 September, 2016 - 09:08

I love music, everything gets better when you have music. For example when you're goin gon a run it is way more delightful with music in your ears and I find that I actually perform better when I run with music it helps me focus more on the music than on how ou tof breath I am.

MairaTheLemon's picture
MairaTheLemon 10 June, 2016 - 09:27

Music expresses your emotions or even makes you feel better when you're angry, sad, etc. When I draw I listen to music for inspiration it helps me a lot to find out what to draw. I think music is important in life! :D

sooom's picture
sooom 6 June, 2016 - 23:54

Oh music! It's the best topic to talk ever. I relly like music, actually I love it. I can't imagine my life without music and without my favourite singer. I mean obviously about Lady Gaga, she is a queen of modern pop music. And she's a good jazz singer too. I think everybody who likes classic/jazz or music with instruments (I mean about music with classic instruments, example: a Saxophone) have to check her album with Tony Bennett out. It's quite good. Obviously, I like other singers too, for example, P!NK, Amy Winehouse or Lily Allen. They're really good singers and they know how to make a good music with good rhythm and good lyrics. Oh my god, I've forgotten about M.I.A. She's brilliant and I really love her too. Music is really important for me when I worry about something or I feel sad. When I listen to music I become happy and this is beautiful. And the most important thing is, music is better than chocolate, seriously better, and music is more healthy than sweets. :)

Fressher's picture
Fressher 25 May, 2016 - 12:43

Music explains who you are and if you're feeling down music just gives you some extra energy to keep going! I don't know anyone on earth who hates music!

vanvienhuynh's picture
vanvienhuynh 19 May, 2016 - 17:15

Music is my life. I can't live If I don't listen to music every day. Because It help me to relax and fell comfortable.

nikaherlina's picture
nikaherlina 17 April, 2016 - 17:23

Music in my life , very important .with music i can sing,dance every day i am always singing i like hindi song, turkey song, and dangdut .

ilvaii's picture
ilvaii 13 January, 2016 - 17:20

What a question! I can't live without music....I listen to music as soon as I wake up,,,during having a shower,,during my way to school,,,when I do my homework and in every part of the day.It helps me out to be more energetic,happier and to make in this way my day brighter.

Silvermist's picture
Silvermist 3 January, 2016 - 09:39

A WAY lot.Music is emotion, feeling and hard to not be without. It's essential. Also it's like a friend who's always out there when we are lonely and helps on more concentration.

Pegasaszaa's picture
Pegasaszaa 19 November, 2015 - 13:40

Music is life perceivable through notes other words is to convey the emotion out a similar petition, the music can also help treat mental diseases as well it also refines the emotions of the audience. The melody heard