Music

Not a load of Garbage

8
GraceD

Recently my best friend came to visit me in France and we went to a concert. We both love the band Garbage, who are an American-Scottish rock band, and we were very lucky because they played in my city when my friend was visiting!

There are 4 people in the band: The singer is Shirley Manson, who is Scottish. For the concert she had pink hair, which I thought was very cool! The rest of the band are men from the United States - there is a guitarist, a bass guitarist and a drummer.

Garbage have already produced 5 albums, so before the concert I listened to lots of their songs in preparation! I know many of the songs by heart but the band are releasing a new album, so I was also looking forward to hearing some new songs at the concert.

The venue for the concert was the perfect size - not too big, not too small. We were able to stand quite near the front which was great - especially for me because I am quite small! Before Garbage started playing, we watched the support band. They were a French band called Heat Parade. They were lots of fun and I liked the music!

Garbage played all of my favourite songs, such as 'I'm only happy when it rains' and 'I think I'm paranoid'. The titles don't sound very happy but they are very good songs! They also played several songs from their new album, which I really enjoyed. I will definitely buy it! They had lots of energy and everyone in the crowd was singing and dancing. The atmosphere was amazing!

After the concert we bought T-shirts as souvenirs and then we went home because we were so tired from singing and jumping around all night!

For any fans of Garbage, or rock music in general, I would absolutely recommend going to see the band perform!

Have you ever been to a concert? Who did you see perform?

Nika0103's picture
Nika0103 7 July, 2016 - 01:36

I've never been to a concert but i would really like if Arctic Monkeys could come to Macedonia

AnonymousGr's picture
AnonymousGr 6 July, 2016 - 07:00

I never went to a concert,but my dream is to see Oliver Skies!!!!
I reely love the music!!!!
Maybe i will go to a concert in future!!!

cklj's picture
cklj 2 July, 2016 - 10:27

I have been to a few concerts. The last time I was on a concert I saw Nokaut. Nokaut is a band from Macedonia. They are very popular here, because their music has one special sound and their lyrics are amazing. There were few concerts in my city that I missed and I'm quite sad about that. I should have gone to see One Republic, David Guetta and John Newman perform.

GraceW's picture
GraceW 25 June, 2016 - 17:52

Concerts are really enjoyable! They boast us up! I always enjoy visiting them :)
They make some people wild though! I'd sometimes seen people lashing out others and pushing others, only to meet the star. At least one should keep the discipline! Some people yell a lot and that makes me deaf! XD

hadia 22 June, 2016 - 12:22

Never.... :(
Unfortunately.....I haven't ever been to a concert...
Last year our college organized to concert .......but I wasn't able to attend it for several reasons...
It was quite far away from my home....Also, none of my friends were attending it because of our Biology test in academy.....So, sadly I had to miss it too :(
One of the top most singers of our country performed and it was an amazing show...as I heard from my class fellows....
My sis had gone to concerts unlike me.....She says it's really exciting..... :PP
I hope I'll get a chance too!!